Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
BelindaHenson
Partner
1 Post
Partner

This is an ongoing issue that must be resolved by MYOB. Of course errors are made, deleting old payruns cannot be the only solution

Liv111
2 Posts
Cover User

I have the same problem I cant believe this hasn't been done yet... It is now 2017!!!?? Major Major Major Pain and oversite in the system. Please, can this be fixed?

Thanks

DazzaW
2 Posts
Cover User

I've had the exact same problem numerous times and there is a way around it but its a bit time consuming.

Create a wages holding account, in the notes section put the name of the employee, allocate the 2 tranactions for the pay run to the holding account then do a transfer from the holding account to the bank account you use to pay your employees then it will match.

BTW I can't claim credit for working this out, this solution was found after a phone call to MYOB support, they were most helpful. 

mattr
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB essentials should have the ability to allocate multiple bank transactions to a single pay run

BlueWren13
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

I totally agree.  I now have to delet 4 payroll periods so I can match two bank transactions to one payroll.

Not good enough.  I agree, we shouldn't have to delete other payroll period to be able to match banking transactions.

I am assuming that because of the date of this original comment that this isn't going to be fixed any times soon.

Thank goodness I only have two on the payroll

mckenzieaj
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have been waiting forever for this one, after my comments in the earlier stages of this post.  To add an additional thought...   Doesn't Single  Touch Payroll really elevate the priority of this one?   The last thing you would want in that reporting system is putting in pays, pulling them out again, splitting them and have them all pushed to the Tax office.    I suspect this might create some unecessary red flags that might come back in your direction from the ATO!

Sandra-Markhams
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Hi

I would love to be able to match multiple bank transactions to one payroll item - similar to part payment of invoices.

My client pays a weekly AP for regular hourse, but frequently has overtime or holidays worked, or Anual Leave paid at a different rate. He pays the "extras" separately.

Thanks

Sandra

HowardN
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Seriously?!  This has been noted on this board since 2013 and still MYOB have done nothing about it?

I would add my comments but I would suggest that any comments are worthless.

5 years and no action would indicate to me that MYOB don't give a rats about this problem.

DavidLG
4 Posts
Cover User

This feature is long over due

mckenzieaj
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Way super long overdue.  Stupidly so.   Again, had a situation where for first pay we accidentally paid gross instead of net on the first manual pay.  Try and sort that one out in the existing system!