Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction

1Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi there,

I recently experienced an issue where my payroll was entered correctly, but the payroll officer made erroneous take home bank transfers to the staff.  As soon as she realised her mistake, she made a second transaction to those staff members that were underpaid to ensure that they received the correct take home amount. So, everything is correct - it's just that some staff were paid for one pay week in two transactions.

Unfortunately, the MYOB live Accounts does not allow you to allocate multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.  I thought there must be a way, so I went onto online support to see if they could help.  As it turns out there is no way and the recommendation was to redo 2 payrolls to precisely match the two net amounts remitted.  I believe that this is a very poor solution.  The integrity of the payroll records should be maintained.  The payroll record is absolutely correct.  It records the hours worked, gross, tax, super and take home pay.  It's just that the take home pay was paid in 2 transactions.  I should not have to fabricate 2 payroll runs to match the two bank transfers.  I strongly believe that the accounting software should allow the allocation of multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction.

The software already allows for employees to receive pay "split" into seperate amounts within the Employee Pay setup section - but this is not the same scenario.

Additionally, some staff were overpaid.  In order to adjust for this, the payroll officer paid a lesser amount (by the amount of the overpayment from the previous week) in the following weeks pay to those overpaid staff members.  In this event, we have 2 payroll runs and two payments.  The individual transactions for the two weeks do not match, but they do reconcile precisely to the right payment having been remitted.

I think basically what needs to be able to happen is that any payment should be able to be allocated to any outstanding payroll transactions (or part there of).

Would be interested to hear developer thoughts on this.

"Allocating multiple bank transfers to the one payroll transaction"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Sinbad. I can understand how having the ability to match 2 bank feed transactions to one payroll could be a time saver as it saves you manually deleting the pay and processing a split pay to match the amounts as per our support note here. http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35721/kw/payroll For any users that would love to see this feature, please show your support by adding further votes and comments.

81 Comments
LittleC
6 Posts
Cover User

how come this split feature is still not happening since 2013.  It's been 7 years. Where is our ever rising subscription fee goes. Should have done a better job MYOB developer. Disappointing

elstram11
2 Posts
User

Same issue!!!

I am having this problem and have only just realised after going back and noticed the payments were auto matching to wages instead of payroll!

Please amend this to allow more than one transaction to be allocated against a payroll payment as one bank transfer is better than 2 or more!!

kelly1231
2 Posts
User

I can't believe this is still an issue after so many complaints over so many years. Thinking about changing accounting software if this is not resolved. There should be an option to allocate/match mannually any number of payments to payroll transactions. And I'm not deleting any payroll that has already gone through as it is reported to the ATO. 

Pro-Torque
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes please! It should work just like allocating and invoice payment over multiple transactions - especially for bonuses etc.

treasurer2
6 Posts
User

Just wondering why this has been so long coming? It's incredibly frustrating and a poor user experience.

InquisitiveMind
3 Posts
User

Yes. Very sad that this has not properly been addressed. I got caught out once accidently paying one staff member the wrong amount. Nightmare to correct with deleting pay runs then having to recreate.

Come on MYOB. This is your job. Do it right. it really should not be that hard.

Thea
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Ability to reconcile 2 or more payments to one payslip rather than the other way around.

If you make an error in a payment and short pay a payslip you are required to delete the payslip and create 2 new ones to match the payments. It should be that you can make the payment at the bank match the payslip.

BTDT
1 Post
User

This is absolutely ridiculous that this feature hasn't been implemented yet - it feels like a real no-brainer to avoid time-wasting. Seriously, MYOB, please get this going!

LucyMik
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Really!!!! 

since 2013 you cant fix a simple problem!!!!!

To increase the fee thats not problem for you guys.

Seriously, MYOB, please give us a brake and addresss that issue.....

Peter15
2 Posts
User

Between things like this and the incredibly poorly implemented update in the last couple of months, I'm going to be moving to another platform.

MYOB is a bit of a joke.