Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Create Receipts

User

1Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

I was wandering if there is anyway you could create a payment received receipt with MYOB live? I can create an invoice but it doesn't say Amount Paid when printed.

Current Status: New
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi, the ability to email out a receipt when you enter a payment against an invoice is coming! The aim is to have this in your hands in the coming weeks.

90 Comments
ABS2
9 Posts
User

November 2017 MYOB commented that this ability was coming within weeks - still waiting. Xero is looking better and better these days. 

ABS2
9 Posts
User

For the love of god, can we PLEASE get the ability to email a receipt to the customer once their payment has been reconciled with the bank feed? It is so frustrating, especially when you have customers who partially pay, or are paying their bill off. It becomes really hard for the customer to see what amount they paid on a particular date - and when they start to dispute (or lie!) that they've made payments, it becomes very messy to try and prove what payments they have made. 

HubbleDesign
1 Post
User

YES. +1.

A lot of our time is reformatting and writing our OWN payment receipts.

Printing a PDF from a web interface looks very unprofessional, with buttons 'delete', menus and even bank account details in either the Payment History or Payment information windows. We end up writing a 'letter' and emailing every time, costing lots of time.

Looking at this issue, MYOB said they would implement this feature in November 2017. It has been almost 3 years. It is now June 2020 and I would have thought this was an easy task to implement (by the way I would have thought this was not a 'feature' but an 'essential').

DarrenT
4 Posts
Cover User

Yes - The inability to create a receipt is very frustrating. Not to mention, we are supposed to provide a receipt of payment to a customer once they have paid

Trav_P
1 Post
User

For an otherwise fantastic accounting system, MYOB, where are your receipts?!

We are a trade business, and have quotes and invoices available in our MYOB Essentials... and no receipt option.  The best we can do is send them another copy of their existing invoice with a nil balance.  Doesn't look too professional.  

There are a few other posts out there that had the same idea, the postings and comments I saw were from 2011 and 2012 so obviously we have all needed this for some time.  There was a comment from MYOB in 2017 that a receipts function was just weeks away!  Well... perhaps it got shot down way back when, as we don't have this option three years later.

MYOB, are you listening?  We, your customers, need a receipts function!!  We need it with the option of automatic emailing to the client when they pay their invoice and we match it to their invoice.  We also need the option of an automated nice Thank You message included when the receipt is sent.  

RakaiaLions
3 Posts
User

As a Charity we have a real need to send receipts to people who make donations, sadly it is missing.

vhcroquet
1 Post
User

coming soon 2012!! Can this please be added.  

El_G
6 Posts
Cover User

Hello……

Still waiting for a response

SoulBe
3 Posts
User

Wow...this still hasn't been done! We still cannot send receipts to our clients...yes I agree...Xero is looking much better at the moment, as also, we still don't have ING bank feeds either (see this post from 2013!!!)  MYOB - come on...listen to your customers...

philmck
1 Post
User

Can you please include an 'email a receipt' function to MYOB Essentials.