Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Create Receipts

User

1Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

I was wandering if there is anyway you could create a payment received receipt with MYOB live? I can create an invoice but it doesn't say Amount Paid when printed.

Current Status: New
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi, the ability to email out a receipt when you enter a payment against an invoice is coming! The aim is to have this in your hands in the coming weeks.

90 Comments
CateBlackman
1 Post
User

I completely agree with the people requesting a receipt function.  I often have to send receipts to customers, and it doesn't look professional when I have to make one up in a Word document.  Not to mention time consuming.

AmpFlow2020
2 Posts
User

Very confusing why MYOB has obviously seen similar comments to this one, even making the promise of the receipt option coming (years ago!), but still NOTHING!! Why even bother having this page set up for ideas/suggestions from the people who actually use/test the program (and pay for it!), and then not acknowledge us, or make the amendments we so obviously, desperately want/need?!?!

AmpFlow2020
2 Posts
User

There are quotes and invoices available in MYOB Essentials but no receipt option?? Are you serious MYOB?

I can see that this query has been brought up over and over, and in 2017 MYOB actually said it was a feature that would be coming soon, but 3 years later it still hasn't been implemented.

Why is this simple feature not implemented yet, and when will it be (heaven forbid we also ask it to be an automated feature!!)?

It seem ridiculous that the suggestion has been acknowledged by MYOB, but yet still, as per the advice I received today, "Currently MYOB has not been provided with an ETA from the developers on when this will be implemented into the software".

It makes our businesses look incredibly unprofessional when we can't issue customer receipts for payments they make.

The only solution MYOB can offer currently is to reissue the invoice when a payment is made to show the amount paid/still outstanding (well derrrrr). But sometimes a customer will put down several payments for a single invoice (deposits for example), and it is common courtesy to be able to provide a receipt for each payment made. Issuing an invoice every time an amount is paid just makes things messy, especially for tracking purposes for both myself and the customer.

Come on MYOB, what are we paying for exactly? Other accounting systems have this super-simple feature, why wouldn't you? 

TimG2
5 Posts
User

Like everyone else we are still waiting for this function. Any update would be appreciated. 

TBKConstruction
2 Posts
User

Hi MYOB what's the ETA on the reciept function? It looks to have been coming soon since 2017. Thanks

PTOz
4 Posts
User

Hello, has this feature been added? Please say yes?? This thread is from 2017....

Redcentral
1 Post
User

How has this not been included yet? I need payment receipts for my customers and it is such a basic and necessary part of business.  As it is, customers can't even tell when they paid the invoice.  I'm shocked that this has been brought up again and again for more than 9 years!  MYOB you're dropping the ball on this.

RakaiaLions
3 Posts
User

It's a shame it really doesn't look like they have any interest in giving us this feature. I appreciate that in the modern business world reciepts aren't used as much but we are a charity and need to aknowledge when we recieve donations.

Ligne
1 Post
User

Is the ability to email out a receipt when you enter a payment against an invoice still coming?

enquires47
2 Posts
User

I agree with the above posts.  Being able to issue receipts is much needed, and I thought would have been a given function from the start, in a program such as this.  The first post I read about needing a receipt function was as far back as 2011.  In 2017 you say, yes its coming.  Still no sign. It is incredibly frustrating to be paying for a program that holds itself in high esteem but does not deliver improvements to the product, even when they ask for customer input, acknowledge it (after a while), say its on its way and 4 years later we are still waiting.  It may seem minor to you, but for some of us it is important in keeping the business looking professional.

Come on MYOB, you need to pick up your game.