Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Budgets: Option to print

Experienced Cover User

25Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The Budgets in Essentials are useless unless we can actually print them. I dont want to  have to run everything through CSV then have to import back to MYOB, its time consuming . We are trying to get a true cashflow budget from our clients figures. You have to be quite handy at formulas in excel to make anything work. Even when you are quite handy with formulas it is extremely time consuming to have to formulate the end of Months GST figures and bank balances. The functionality of the Budget is so underwhelming. You own Banklink I suggest you take a look at the budgets from Banklink and start again.

Balance sheet comparison. This has been discussed since 2015. Why is there no action on this? 

"Bugets, Comparative Balance Sheet"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Within MYOB Essentials, through the Reporting>>Budget Management you can export the PDF to allow for easier printing (CSV & Excel are also an option for export if you prefer that method).

3 Comments
RossLaRosa
Partner
1 Post
Partner

How do you show comparatives when printing a Balance Sheet in Essentials? 

Black_Cat
5 Posts
User

Yes the profit and loss reports can be cut in any number of ways, however there is not one comparison option available on the balance sheet reports.  When doing reporting comparing to last year or month, I

@KelleyF wrote:

The Budgets in Essentials are useless unless we can actually print them. I dont want to  have to run everything through CSV then have to import back to MYOB, its time consuming . We are trying to get a true cashflow budget from our clients figures. You have to be quite handy at formulas in excel to make anything work. Even when you are quite handy with formulas it is extremely time consuming to have to formulate the end of Months GST figures and bank balances. The functionality of the Budget is so underwhelming. You own Banklink I suggest you take a look at the budgets from Banklink and start again.

Balance sheet comparison. This has been discussed since 2015. Why is there no action on this? 

have to run two reports for the relevant periods, download to excel and run concatenation or look up formulas to line up the accounts correctly.  It seems extraordinary that such a large and popular software package such as MYOB does not have such a basic function.  I am considering other software options because of this and a few other issues (eg. no standing journal facility).

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Within MYOB Essentials, through the Reporting>>Budget Management you can export the PDF to allow for easier printing (CSV & Excel are also an option for export if you prefer that method).