Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import and export data: Items - updating existing records

Experienced User

18Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Having a go at the import/export data for the first time and thought it was odd that there was no Buying Price field when there is a Tax Code When Bought field.
Also thought it would be a good idea to include a checkbox to enable overwrite existing items

"Import/export data - add Buying Price field & overwrite function"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2014

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see the buying price added to the import schema for items, please cast your vote for this idea here. In regards to updating existing items for imports, this suggestion has already been raised, and you can cast your vote on this separate thread here: http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Bulk-update-of-items/idi-p/284343

12 Comments
myecs
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Please implement a facility to bulk update items in MYOB Essentials using the import function. I have a problem with items not being available from the drop-down list in the Expenses>New screen when adding a new expense. This is because they have been imported with a Buy Price (something missing from the sample file for imports by the way). An option to handle duplicates within the import process (and allow replace/reject) is a pretty standard requirement I believe and should be available if MYOB Essentials wants to be treated as a serious business tool.

myecs
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Sorry - typo in my original post should read 

This is because they have been imported WITHOUT a Buy Price (something missing from the sample file for imports by the way).

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
Hi @Myces Thanks for the feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and the ability to update an item via importing. I encourage other users to vote and comment on this idea if they would like to see the feature included in future releases. A current workaround would be to deleting the item or making it inactive and then import that item again or manually change the items.
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see the buying price added to the import schema for items, please cast your vote for this idea here. In regards to updating existing items for imports, this suggestion has already been raised, and you can cast your vote on this separate thread here: http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Bulk-update-of-items/idi-p/284343

Goelectrical
4 Posts
User

yes, I have really do need the buy price an buy unit option for this to funtion well for my business, have spent several hours attempting to correct existing expence items only to realise that it is pointless without the buy price field in the import templates.

Andy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Goelectrical 

Thanks for showing your support and providing feedback for this idea on the Essential Idea Exchange. 

montage
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Do you know if this fixed yet? I assumed that the Standard Cost column was the correct collumn, though it doesn't seem to work. 

I tried with and without the $ in the column. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @montage

As mentioned by others you are not able to import the buying price of an item. As such currently this idea has been marked as Under consideration. We are unable to provide a timeframe to you will be able to update items and import the buying price of an item. However in saying that we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea. 

shoretee
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

has this been updated?  I've tried importing and it still doesn't do the buy price

shoretee
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why after two years this doesn't seem to be resolved.