Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Ability to share between MYOB Essentials business

Experienced Cover User

71Posts

74Kudos

1Solutions

71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Dear Product Developers at MYOB,

You need to enable the transfer of contacts between MYOB Essentials accounts. We've closed one business and opened another one, but the customer base remains the same. We need to import our contacts into our new subsription ASAP. I was only able to export them as a PDF file from the old subscription, but the file in this format is useless as the data can't be imported from PDF files. I was just informed by a moderator that such transfers are impossible and one has to do this manually. Is this a cruel joke? There are hundreds of them. We all have better things to do with our time than re-entering data manually. 

Thank you.

"Contacts Database Transfer between MYOB Essentials accounts"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

5 Comments
HanSmi
1 Post
User

As an organisation we have several entities [companies in MYOB]. At the moment when we enter the clients' details such as ABN / ACN for one of our entities, we are not able to reflect those details in another profile for the client who we are servicing through a separate entity. 

It would be very helpful if we were able to have the clients' complete informtion when reporting for our different entities [company]. 

Dang54
1 Post
User

I'm in the same situation 
Please tell me this is possible now ??! 
manual entry of contacts will take days I don't have. . 

HandyManner
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

err no you can't and its probably intentional

Meg2
Trusted User
26 Posts
Trusted User

This was over two years ago and we are still waiting

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages