Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Increase phone number character limit

Experienced User

70Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

70 Posts
Experienced User

We deal with international companies and so they have longer phone numbers

The Contact form's Phone & Mobile number fields in MYOB Essenual have a forced limit for the numbers that is TOO short (need to allow longer numbers)

ie India

+91 xxxx xxxx xxxx

truncates to

+91 xxxx xxx

Please let the field be much longer (as also good to include phonr extensions too)

I suggest 25-30 charactors.

"Contact's Phone & Mobile number fields too short (need to allow longer numbers)"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to enter a contact's phone number to be 21 characters.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

2 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow users to enter a contact's phone number to be 21 characters.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

GRNerd
Experienced User
70 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks for fixing this MYOB.

I should not look a gift horse in the mouth I am told even when it too 18 months. 

Hopefully more of my over 1 year old bug notifications and suggestions will be coming as rapid fire fixes. Fingers crossed