Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Individual Payment Terms

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

We need to be able to apply Payment Terms to Individual Customers. We suggest for this to be an option to be set up under the customer details.

Currently you can only set the payment terms at a global level and have to change it every time you create an invoice for a customer with different payment terms than what has been set as default.

Can you please look at this asap as this would save time & improve efficiency!

"Individual Payment Terms (customers and suppliers)"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

58 Comments
focussupportser
4 Posts
User

I agree this something that we definitely need

cremmerson
1 Post
User

This should be a no-brainer.

If you have a supplier providing monthly invoices with the same payment terms, it seems to beggar belief that there is no solution for an automatic application of the date of invoice + terms for 12 entries. The current method is to add 24 pieces of information.

Is this seriously being considered, or is it sitting in development hell?

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Cannot believe this is not part of the program. It's 2020 already, get with it.

ARJAY1
5 Posts
User

Hi There,

Just moved over from Account Edge to Essentials and noticed that when I'm allocating payment terms, it needs to be done on each Invoice instead of doing it once in the Customer Card as per Account Edge (see attached).

Also, when I'm creating a new Invoice, the Income I 'Allocate to' (eg: Contract Revenue) needs to be entered on every line of the Invoice instead of doing it once in the Customer Card as per Account Edge (see attached).

Same goes with Tax Type, I should just be able to enter it once in the Customer card and then these details automatically fill in when creating each Invoice (see attached).

I moved over to Essentials thinking it was going to make my life easier.

Thankyou.

Angi841
3 Posts
User

In the new Essentials there is no feature to set up individual payment terms for suppliers and customers in their cards. 

Suppliers - When entering a bill for an existing supplier card, you keep having to change the due date which is defaulted to todays date.

Customers - You set your default payment terms in the Sales settings (eg 14 days).  Every invoice you create defaults to using those terms.  But we have a few customers who are COD or have negotiated different payment terms (eg 30 days from EOM / 30 days Nett).  It would be handy to have the default payment terms in the customer card so when you are invoicing customer A, B or C it uses the payment terms as per the customer cards. 

Ed_
5 Posts
User

I've only been using MYOB for a short time, but have found some settings that have to be changed/selected every time that would be great if you could set them as defaults.

Supplier Contacts - set default Payment Terms/Due Date per Supplier

Quotes - set default Expiry Date

Quotes and Invoices - set default to GST Exclusive

Quotes and Invoices - Set up default Notes for stating things like Exclusions from Quotes, Deposits required, etc; Or the ability to have Standard Terms added to the bottom of Quote/Invoice Templates.

rosdampil
1 Post
User

How can we set our customer payment terms in 32 days from the end of the month?

smileykylie1982
Trusted User
51 Posts
Trusted User

Something I was told just now was that the current default terms are applied to each customer as you create them.

Theoretically you could define terms for each customer by changing the default before you create each customer, but that would be an immense task if there were hundreds of customers with various terms. Also there is no way to change them once the customer is set up, and terms do change from time to time.

From what I was told it also looks like it is entirely possible for the system to be able to define terms per customer because terms are actually stored against each customer record when it is created, but we aren't given access to modify it on the customer form. It doesn't really seem like it would be all that difficult to put that change in.

Maybe one day?

RayNZ
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

This suggestion, which would be so helpful, has been here since July 2012 and despite all the additional comments and requests, nothing has been done.  What is the point of the community forum if it is not being monitored and acted upon by MYOB developers and management?

mitch63
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Because they don't care Ray.