Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Create Receipts

User

1Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

I was wandering if there is anyway you could create a payment received receipt with MYOB live? I can create an invoice but it doesn't say Amount Paid when printed.

Current Status: New
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi, the ability to email out a receipt when you enter a payment against an invoice is coming! The aim is to have this in your hands in the coming weeks.

90 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @hrn

Thank you for sharing your feedback and voting for this idea.I've shared your comments with the team.

secretary_tgca
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi there,

Yet another vote for a print receipts function in MYOB Essentials for charities and not-for-profits who use the software to manage donations received.

For charities and not-for-profits who rely 100% on donations it does not make sense to have to subscribe to another piece of software just to issue donor receipts if the MYOB accounting package cannot. 

Why should charities have to pay for 2 lots of subscription fees for 1 simple task of receiving money and issuing receipts to its donors?

guppy
3 Posts
User

Hi,

I have always used this feature of sending receipts to customers from MYOB before I recently changed to MYOB Essential - please could you add this feature.  I see your requests go back to 2012 though - does this mean that I won't be able to use this feature anymore now that I have gone over to MmYOB Essentials??

Renee Meikle

secretary_tgca
3 Posts
Cover User

The lack of creating receipts in MYOB Essentials is a very big drawback for many small businesses and community groups that use the software.

As a public practice accountant whose firm is a MYOB Partner, I've lost count of how many times clients have simply wanted this option to be made standard in MYOB Essentials. Customers need to have confirmation of payments and most businesses issue receipts as part of standard business practices.

This thread is now over 3 years old and still Under Consideration which seems to indicate that MYOB is really not interested in small business nor wishes to pursue this matter further. 

We might not have a choice but to refer current and future clients to alternative software providers that better serve the needs and requirements of small business.

TreasurerCVSSR
1 Post
Cover User

As an Incrporated entity we need to issue receipts for all of our incomming payments. Not having this abiility is a huge drawback for us as we have to write receipts manually and then post them out. PLEASE FIX THIS.

guppy
3 Posts
User

I have had this function on MYOB for years now and in a small business it is used so regularly that after just recently changing over and realising that there are so many things that are actually harder now to do (or take longer) on your online version - I keep wondering why did I change ??

Please could you put this function in??!!!  It has been under consideration since 2012 or something???

Just another time waster when I really thought upgrading to the online version would save me time - so far it has not done that for some things, it has made things more tedious and so I get behind all the time following 5 steps for each thing rather than the 1 I used to.

Regards

Renee

JonnyB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

I send 95% of my invoices by email.

Is it possible that an automated email be sent to the client once payment has been recived?

It is just a courtesy thing that might be a good feature on a future update.

Cheers.

Razmedia
7 Posts
Cover User
Payment receipt is very essential and currently missing in Myob Essentials. Would be very handy to have this feature!
CRS247
1 Post
Cover User

It is disappointing a financial based software lacks the capacity to issue a simple receipt and yet this complicated concept has been under consideration of MYOB since 2012. Should I have released this option was not available with MYOB, an ? accounting software, I would have stuck with my carbon copy books as these are about as effective as this software, yet potentially more time effective to use in comparison to MYOB. 

Ren920
3 Posts
Cover User

We really need to be able to issue receipts. I cant believe that something so simple is not catered for.