Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create bill: Warning for duplicate Supplier Invoices Numbers

Cover User

4Posts

56Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

hi!  when using MYOB account right it pops up with a message if you seem to be entering a creditor invoice number in for a second time but with MYOB essentials is doesnt.  Can we get this option in essentials PLEASE!!

*Modified idea's name

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion @heidiwagga

Currently Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers when recording Purchases. I would encourage anyone else who wish to see this option added in Essentials to cast your vote, and leave comments below if required.

36 Comments
ErnaR
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes please, this is an essential feature! Excuse the pun. Smiley Happy

dabookieman
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I find it incredulous that we even have to vote for something like this. Desktop MYOB always had this feature. How backwards to not only have it missing from what is supposed to be an upgraded version of MYOB but also that it goes to a vote???

There is no excuse whatsoever to have this not included. Please get your act together and make it so.

EXF
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Not only duplicate invoice numbers but duplicate purchase order numbres, essentials seems like a big step backwards.

Noble-Origami
3 Posts
User

I would recommend to MYOB to find solution and add this feature in all MYOB plateform. It very important and helpful features. I was using different accounting software and I really enjoyed this feature in my previous accouting sotware.   

FlossyFay
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Agree - this should be a standard feature

BWProAdvice
Contributing Partner
30 Posts
Contributing Partner

Please add this feature it is a large issue with the quality of data entered and also creating issues with clients making duplicate payments.

Nevillethetech
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Seems like a no brainer really

Birnumara
2 Posts
User

Is there an update on the above, would love if this was a feature

tobygirlau
1 Post
User

I think that Essentials needs to warn for duplicate numbers on supplier invoices. Can you look at fixing this please. It seems that you have had this problem since 2015. 

@heidiwagga wrote:

hi!  when using MYOB account right it pops up with a message if you seem to be entering a creditor invoice number in for a second time but with MYOB essentials is doesnt.  Can we get this option in essentials PLEASE!!

*Modified idea's name

Maggie3
4 Posts
User

HI,  

Any chance this could be done?  It would save a lot of heartache and time for a lot of people if you could add this!