Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Add attachment

Contributing Cover User

10Posts

51Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New
New

We'd like to be able to attach receipts to general journal entries for Directors who make purchases with their own personal credit cards. Right now we just leave them in the intray as a storage mechanism.

"Attach Receipts to General Journal Entries"

16 Comments
MMSretail
Experienced Cover User
200 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I have a Supplier set-up for each employee who is entitled to reimbursements and a reimbursement clearing account for each .  When a receipt is received it is treated as a 'bill' against the employee's supplier account (create a new bill from the intray), or process the bill then link the receipt from the intray. Based on your reimbursement cycle you can then 'clear' the reimbursement accounts by processing a spend money transaction against the appropriate bank account.

Hope this helps  ......  geoff

Cortex
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Geoff.

I'm assuming one may allocate an expense code of "owner contribution" to the "bill" and then reconcile as "owner repayment" when the spend transaction comes through?

melindaj
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

Agree with this one, as I have a lot of clients who do Intercompany loans and being able to attach intray bills or sales to journals would be handy

UnhappyUser1234
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

Totally agree with this one. Very inconvenient not having the option to attach supporting documents to manual journals in new versio of MYOB Essentials!

FM_HBNC
1 Post
User

I support this 100%. Would be great to be able to attached supporting document to General Journals in AccountRight. 

shannonm92
1 Post
User

Agree, I would like this feature added.

Cruisergirl
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

it would be handy to bve able to attach loan documents to journals accounting for loans etc

Stephen66
2 Posts
User

I think this is a must

dave_LV
4 Posts
User

yes, this will be a very useful feature as we do a lot of General Journals especially relating to intercompany transactions. 

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Not too sure how many likes this needs to receive before MYOB action this feature, but people have been asking for this for too many years.

AlanT