Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Add new account option

Cover User

10Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hello,

could you please include the "add new" account option to directly enter a new account from within the General Journal Entry screen?

Thanks,

George.

'General Journal Entry"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

The Create account option has been added to the Create general journal transaction window when using the Account option.

Capture 3.PNG

6 Comments
Sue0908
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

George,

There is the option to add a new general ledger account with the general jounal entry screen.  click the down arrow beside the general ledger code and another box appears, at the bottom you will see the "new" button.

Sue

GeorgeElias
10 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Sue - unfortunately when I go into the "Create Journal" (Settings>General Journal) and click on the down arrow I'm only getting a list of accounts already entered but there's nothing at the bottom to "add new". The last thing I see is the retained earnings account... what's going on with my version?! Smiley Frustrated

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff
Hi George, this is a nice idea we will add it to the list for consideration. Thank you. Steve
StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

Hi George,

There isn't a 'Add new' option on that page. Sue may be using AccountRight.

Regards,

Steve

loganwoods
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would be great to have this as an option in the bank entry allocation page also :-)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Create account option has been added to the Create general journal transaction window when using the Account option.

Capture 3.PNG