Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Custom field that can be searchable/filtered by

2Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

Would be really great to be able to add notes to an invoice like a provider number, license number etc...

"Custom Invoice fields"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. I understand having more fields to enter data would help to automatically display important information on your invoices. We encourage other users who would like the ability to have additional fields to vote and add further comments.

24 Comments
JulieBeans
6 Posts
User

It is essential to have  a "searchable" field for companies own use ( or maybe even 2!!). Here we can input our own reference number or plant name/number.  This would make it so much easier to look back at the jobs done on a certain site/asset....  if we get questions over previous work done. Or for any other reason.

sammy007
1 Post
User

I would really love a description line too. As a service provider and jobs can last for a week or more, I would also love to be able to place a date beside each line, not just the date that the invoice has been generated. My old MYOB programe had an option of invoice templates, ie. Professional, Service etc. This would lso be great.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @sammy007 

Thank you for feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange by voting. You can vote for an idea using the + vote button to the left of the idea's name.

Paul_MMG
5 Posts
Cover User

I understand the templates need to be rigid, but has anyone thought of the ability to add a user-defined field to Essentials invoices (eg. service address)  that can be displayed when the invoice list produces?

sutha
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes!  This would greatly assist our business too.

Paul_MMG
5 Posts
Cover User

Service address field and/or customisable user defined fields that appear on the invoice and in the subject line of the attached email and is visible in the invoice listing so that you can identify the various properties, not just the agent that was billed.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Paul_MMG

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

I've merged your idea with this idea already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Glow1
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

It would be great to have a custom field or note that could be searched or filtered by. at the moment all invoices show in one big list. if you want to find which ones have notes in to complete or add things to you have to open each one - there is no grouping or deep search.

"Invoices - add custom or note field that can be searched or filtered by (i.e. check first, more items to add)"

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner

Yes agree that a provider number or industry license number field would be very handy also being able to add extra logo's to go along with this I am sure the tradies would like their customers to know they are licensed with painters board, electricians, plumbers etc, not to mention us licensed BAS agents and Myob Partners.

Also a date of service would be handy too,

Thanks in advance

ValerieJBL
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We would like to request an additional field for Quotes In MYOB Essentials please. A few clients pointed out that there is no field that comes up in the summary to identify the quote