Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Customer statements: Date (range) selection

1Posts

171Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

There is no way to select a Date range for the Statements in MYOB Essentials

There is no way to choose between Activity or Invoice type Statements in MYOB Essentiasls

"Statement Date in MYOB Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Statements in the newer MYOB Essentials platform allow users to select the Statement type for Invoice or Activity. If the Statement type Activity is selected, the user would get a date range to select the period of activity from and to. 

Check out Customer statements for more information on generating statements.

86 Comments
Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

It would be great to be able to change the date on customer's statements.  At the moment I am having a problem where the customer's statement for May is including invoices for the beginning of June.  The delay in sending the statement was due to the Queen's birthday holiday weekend.  I had some urgent invoices to do for the client and later on sent out the monthly statements, not realising that this problem would arise.

Mary2019
6 Posts
User

To have customised dates on a statement should not be considered a wish list item - THIS MUST BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY - this post was added in September 2017 - so for 1.5 years developers at MYOB have not done anything about this even though there are numerous complaints on the community forum about this! All those posting on the community forum don't know that MYOB doesn't look at or care about what goes on there. Only this forum Ideas exchange helps get things changed.

Mary2019
6 Posts
User

Hi everyone - after a very exasperating phone call with MYOB - it seems that this forum (regardless of the number of votes!) will not prompt MYOB to make any software changes. so to all 102 of you that have voted that this needs to change.... time to hit the ideas exchange - and hit it hard! go to https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/EssentialsIdeas and search "statement date" scroll down until you find it.... keep going .... it's a long way down. And vote and write comments - lets get MYOB working on it.

Mary2019
6 Posts
User

So the 102 votes about this on the community forum mean nothing to the developers at MYOB????

Maverick_AKL
9 Posts
User

Right... lets all switch to Xero. Come on MYOB, just let us be able to change the date range and show due date. Query was made in 2015!!. Are your developers incapable of doing this? 

northernice
1 Post
User

Disapointing such of a basic feature of having a date range for issuing statements has been excluded on MYOB Essentials.  Obvious need to be able to create end of month statements at a time thats convenient.  MYOB obviously agrees (as they refer to this forum page in the help section), so what date will MYOB Essentials be updated for this basic feature?

WAnd
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Just updated to MYOB Essentials after using Business Basics for many years. Very dissapointed to find that Statements are so basic! I believe a statement should show an Opening Balance / Invoices / Payments / Credit Notes / Closing Balance (not just outstanding invoices)! To be able to select a date range is also a must!

WAnd
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

TCustomer Statements need activity not just current outstanding invoices. Customers want to see invoices billed and payments made as well as opening & closing balances to be able to reconcile each month. To be able to select a date range is also a requirement.

Giblet
4 Posts
Cover User

I guess I'll add my name to the long list of people who are flabberghasted that this BASIC feature isn't a part of essentials....even after 4 and a half years.

Giblet
4 Posts
Cover User

November 2019 and they still haven't implemented this feature.  Way to go MYOB! 

I'm just merging my data from Accountright to Essentials and have just gone to print some EOM statements for clients and can't do it.  I would consider this to be an action as similar to grabbing a steering wheel when getting into a car and finding there isn't one. 

Also, there is no merge tool for moving from Accountright to Essentials as well which has added further fuel to my frustration.  

I've been using Accountright for something like 14 years and would have been happy to keep using it except they kept gouging the price up (I was paying $67/month).  I'm only a small business and have no need of most of the features of Accountright so Essentials should have been fine but for this one issue.  

And the whole thing where they want you to post on this forum is kind of insulting, I just want an answer whether it will be implemented or not and if so...when!

If I can't get that I will consider going to another platform after 14 years.  

Seriously, customer service MYOB!