Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Default Services invoice layout

Cover User

8Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

The 'Services' invoice template is supposed to be used for "date-based invoicing and professional services." However the format of the invocie includes a "Ship To" address at the top, next to the "Bill to" address.  

Since there are no physical goods being sent to a client, this information is redundant. 

See screen shot attached. 

Suggest this is removed from the 'Services' layout - or provide customers with the option to remove it.

Many thanks. 

Tim

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 4.09.03 pm.jpg
Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @TimN

Thank you for your suggestion regarding having the option to remove the 'Ship to' field on Service invoices. I have passed it to our developers for consideration.

In the meantime, you could tick the option 'Bill to different address' in this customer contact, enter the billing address and leave the street address blank. This way no 'Ship to' address will be displayed on invoices.

The warranty information you have quoted is only in place when you preview the sample invoice. When generating real invoices, the Notes field will not be displayed if not used. 

3 Comments
8 Posts
Cover User

More unnecessary invoice layout to add to above...

The Invoice also includes 'Notes' that desribe Warranty information - see below.

Again this is redundant information when providing Services not Goods!!!!

Really need this to be editable by the MYOB user to suit our business' needs.  Otherwise I cannot use MYOB for my invoicing.   

Warranty: The Company warrants that it has the right to provide the Goods but otherwise the Goods are provided on an "as-is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, oral or written including, without limitation, the implied conditions of merchantable quality, fitness for purpose and description, all of which are specifically and unreservedly excluded. In particular, but without limitation, no warranty is given that the Goods are suitable for the purposes intended by the Client. The Company warrants that the Goods will be supplied using reasonable care and skill. The Company does not warrant that the Goods supplied are error-free, accurate or complete.

MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @TimN

Thank you for your suggestion regarding having the option to remove the 'Ship to' field on Service invoices. I have passed it to our developers for consideration.

In the meantime, you could tick the option 'Bill to different address' in this customer contact, enter the billing address and leave the street address blank. This way no 'Ship to' address will be displayed on invoices.

The warranty information you have quoted is only in place when you preview the sample invoice. When generating real invoices, the Notes field will not be displayed if not used. 

Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would sugest this field stays and becomes editable, so you can attribute an invoice to a different address but for the same client.