Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Use own email address in From

4Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

[This message assumes a level of technical understanding of e-mail headers. So, apologies to the general reader.]

Hi everyone,

I'd like to make a very imporant, but basic, suggestion for an improvement to MYOB Essentials: the address in the "From" field of the e-mail sent to customers with an invoice attached.

It is a 'bad look' for the invoice to arrive, somewhat confusingly, with the From field thus:

From: "My Business Name" <noreply@essentials.myob.com.au>

So, although my business name is there, the e-mail address is this 'black hole' address for the Essentials service! Why can't that just be my business e-mail address?

The e-mail standard actually has another field called "Sender" where the address of the actual sending service can be inserted, so if MYOB wants they can have their address there. That is what that field is for. But, seeing that they have an address that simply throws away anything sent to it, I don't they would care to do so.

There is a very important reason for my request. Upon receiving the invoice via Essentials, a customer can choose Reply in their e-mail software and respond. Although the "Reply-To" field is set to my address, I've discovered that certain Android phones ignore this! So, any of my customers responding from a badly written e-mail software will respond to the MYOB black hole address.

If they don't notice the "noreply" address (and even if they do, they must be cluey enough to figure out what that means), they will think they've e-mailed me and that I never responded.

Yes, I could state in the body of the message to reply to my address, but why have this unnecessary manual step? And that still assumes the recipient notices my request and follows it -- people usually just habitually hit the Reply button, especially if quickly responding on a smartphone or tablet.

And here is the kiler: should an auto-reply out-of-office message be set (for example, the recipient of the invoice is away on leave and the auto-reply states the colleague who is filling in), I might never know! This is because I'm now at the mercy of whether the auto-responder software sends the notice to the From address or the Reply-To address. After my experience with some smartphones, now I'm not so sure!

What do others here think?

Cyd.

"MYOB Essentials: Emailing invoices with *my* address in the From field"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: August 2014

11 Comments
PAULTHOMAS
1 Post
Cover User

This needs to be fixed!!