Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email received confirmation

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Client suggestion

I have another suggestion that has caused us a few hiccups.

When you send an invoice via email you have no way of knowing if it got to them. I guess what I mean is, if the email address has been entered imperfectly then there is no "Mail Delivery Error" or similar to let you know. And as most clients dont reply saying they've received an invoice, you just assume they have until they havent paid, and you resend and same happens.

We have had 3 instances now, one a typo on my part, another someone texted their email address incorrectly  (so my several times rechecking didnt help), and another went to someone's old address that they have an autoreply on but we didnt receive it. 

I'm sure it's unlucky we've had so many, but I imagine it must happen to others occassionally as well. 

I wonder if you could add it to the "feedback" list?

"Email received confirmation please?"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2016

Hi Everyone

With the release of PayDirect Online you can track invoice activity including when a particular email was sent and viewed. This is done using the Activity section in the bottom left of the Invoice window.

For more information into viewing the Activity of an invoice please see Help Article: Emailing and printing - FAQ: How can I tell if an invoice has been printed or emailed?

For more information on PayDirect Online can be on Get paid faster with PayDirect Online

18 Comments
Nevillethetech
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

with regards to the email issues, maybe trigger the pc's default mail programme and send from there. That way the sent email is retained with all other emails and "undelivered" messages come back as well.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Nevillethetech 

Thank you for feedback and your suggestion into a possible way in which this idea can be implemented. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

Cat-M
1 Post
User

I would love to see a failure notification or report implemented into myob essentials, it needs it. I have had similar experiences as mentioned above which can be quite problematic with the cash flow of a small business.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Cat-M

Thank you for your comments in regards to MYOB Essentials and emailing.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

lousullivan
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User

Yes definitely would like to see this feature. 

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Just had feedback regarding the confirmation of an invoice being received. If an invoice is emailed to an incorrectly typed email address, it would be great if the following could happen:

1. A confirmation is returned that it's received. Other a bounce notification should happen. (This helps to avoid unpaid invoices.)
  2. A read receipt is received indicating that the recipient has read the invoice.
  3. An indicator that shows how many times the invoice has been read (and at what time).

Thanks. John

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of PayDirect Online you can track invoice activity including when a particular email was sent and viewed. This is done using the Activity section in the bottom left of the Invoice window.

For more information into viewing the Activity of an invoice please see Help Article: Emailing and printing - FAQ: How can I tell if an invoice has been printed or emailed?

For more information on PayDirect Online can be on Get paid faster with PayDirect Online

Mark_Neilson
5 Posts
Cover User

When emails were not delivered becaus of invalid client email the Online activity showed they were delivered "1 month ago"