Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Superannuation - additional employer

Experienced Cover User

13Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, It would be great if Essentials could record employer additional superannuation as part of payroll (I give my employees additional 1% of super) as a seperate line to the SGC.  This feature is available in AccountEdge Pro. Thanks.

"Employer Additional Superannuation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own superannuation pay items. This does mean that you can create an Employer additional style superannuation pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

17 Comments
Mel30
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I asked the MYOB STP expert team on 4 September 2019 to advise when a fix to MYOB Essentials is scheduled to allow Employer Additional superannuation contributions.  I have not heard back from MYOB on this matter.  I have threatened to advise the ACCC that MYOB is engaged in false advertising by claiming that Essentials is STP ready without this fix.  If I don't hear back very soon then I am lodging a consumer complaint with the ACCC.

SDG1
3 Posts
User

100% agree, needed asap

SDG1
3 Posts
User

100% agree, needed ASAP please

SDG1
3 Posts
User

agree

John-Slaney
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

I have a business that the owners of the business pay extra super to meet the $25,000 concessional contribution threshold. Therefore it is not a percentage of their salary. Is it possible when finalising payroll that a box appears so that the extra amount of super can be entered like you enter Reportable Fringe Benefits?

Carol19
3 Posts
User

I agree with other users that this payroll package does not seem compliant with ATO superannuation reporting details for three reasons that have so far affected my in my work as an accountant dealing clients with payroll.

1. You cannot enter a reportable superannuation payment - which is a compulsory reporting event for the ATO.

2. You have to manually adjust for employees under 18 yrs old with less than 30Hrs per week to avoid superannuation - so when they do work more than 30 Hrs per week you have to be alert and remember to change the superannuation rate back.

3. When you tell the program that an employee is under 18 (which it should know if you have input the date of birth) it deletes the tax file number.  When you reinput the tax file number it deletes the under 18 advice.

How is this complian and efficient????

Carol

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own superannuation pay items. This does mean that you can create an Employer additional style superannuation pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.