GailW
Partner

5Posts

161Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

Current Status: Planned

Last Changed: February 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea

Job costing is something that we are actively looking into for MYOB Essentials for up and coming updates. More details are to follow about how you can access jobs in MYOB Essentials closer to its initial development. 

Do feel free to comment and vote for idea still. We love to hear the feedback on MYOB Essentails and other MYOB programs.

65 Comments
Partner DavidP
2 Posts
Partner

I see from previous posts that this idea has been around and commented on for several years.

I am at the point now where I am no longer going to recommend Essentials - if you cannot put in features that have been requested for so long you leave the users very disapppointed.

Bethadis
2 Posts
User

I can see that this has been under the "Planned" status for quite some time. Can MYOB please indicate when this functionality may be available. We are in the process of sourcing an alternative package due to this very basic but crucial function missing. Please advise. 

JRSS
4 Posts
Cover User

I think that this would be a great feature.  I also like to keep track of where my staff have been.  I recently looked at the timesheets and although they are such they would be more benificial if you could add a column that says where they've been or the account that is relevant.  It could connect with jobs or customers

riaford
2 Posts
Cover User

I really need to be able to track expenses against income for my jobs... i can't believe Essentials doesn't have this.  And if I want to upgrade then it is going to cost double a month and MYOB can't transfer my existing data/file over to AccountRight Plus.. it doesn't make sense! MYOB please add a cost tracking facility to Essentials ASAP - thanks!!

riaford
2 Posts
Cover User

I wanted to check with MYOB when something is planned how long does it take to get implemented?  Thanks

Experienced Cover User CTF
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I was just wondering if any progress has been made with adding job tracking to MYOB Essentials.

thank you

JRSS
4 Posts
Cover User

I use item numbers to keep track of jobs.  It is not ideal but it is something.  I can use the reports "Bills by supplier" of "Sales by item" to check on things.  I assume MYOB essentials will always be somewhat limit.  If we require more reporting capabilities then we need to upgrade to MYOB Account Right.

Experienced Partner SharonCohen
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

Job costing will be a great addittion, any updates on that?

GailW wrote:

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

Experienced Cover User SalesPOD
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is ridiculous. How hard can basic job tracking be? There are pages of comments asking for this over the course of years and not even the smallest commitment to any future roadmap at all. Anything at all would be good as I think many of us will be shifting to your competitors over this issue. Paying more than we used to for an "upgrade" and then losing this capability is outrageous.

Partner sunny4000blue
1 Post
Partner

Any update when jobs are being introduced ...?  MYOB essentials is losing a lot of ground to XERO because it does not have this or some other feature to track different types of income and expenditure ...