Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
TYN
1 Post
Cover User

I am very mobile in the delivery of my business and really need Job Tracking to be a functionality of MYOB Essentials to save manual tracking of budgets.

Sharon_SOS
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like to have the function to enter job numbers on bills so I can track job spending

riaford
2 Posts
Cover User

I really need to be able to track expenses against income for my jobs... i can't believe Essentials doesn't have this.  And if I want to upgrade then it is going to cost double a month and MYOB can't transfer my existing data/file over to AccountRight Plus.. it doesn't make sense! MYOB please add a cost tracking facility to Essentials ASAP - thanks!!

riaford
2 Posts
Cover User

I wanted to check with MYOB when something is planned how long does it take to get implemented?  Thanks

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I was just wondering if any progress has been made with adding job tracking to MYOB Essentials.

thank you

JRSS
4 Posts
Cover User

I use item numbers to keep track of jobs.  It is not ideal but it is something.  I can use the reports "Bills by supplier" of "Sales by item" to check on things.  I assume MYOB essentials will always be somewhat limit.  If we require more reporting capabilities then we need to upgrade to MYOB Account Right.

DebRNZ
3 Posts
User

Agree with DanielandAshley.

Would like to see the ability to write in the description field without having to complete the other columns.

Finding it frustrating not to be able to title up the invoice with the name of the job.

This is unrelated to the notes field.

Thank you.

SharonCohen
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

Job costing will be a great addittion, any updates on that?

@GailW wrote:

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

SalesPOD
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is ridiculous. How hard can basic job tracking be? There are pages of comments asking for this over the course of years and not even the smallest commitment to any future roadmap at all. Anything at all would be good as I think many of us will be shifting to your competitors over this issue. Paying more than we used to for an "upgrade" and then losing this capability is outrageous.

sunny4000blue
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Any update when jobs are being introduced ...?  MYOB essentials is losing a lot of ground to XERO because it does not have this or some other feature to track different types of income and expenditure ...