Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend money: Attach documents

Jai
User

1Posts

244Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

Hi MYOB Team,

I was delighted about the announcment of the new In Tray feature offered by Essentials - an extremely sensible and practical solution to storing invoices against a transaction.

However, I was disappointed when I learned that you can only do this for "Bills". I think many people would be pleased if this functionality could be expanded to include all transaction types.

For example, if I go to the petrol station and pay for petrol, I still receive a tax invoice. I would like to be able to scan this and upload it to In Tray and then link it to a "Spend Money" transaction.

I hope you will be able to accomodate this request, otherwise people will not be readily able to move away from a paper based record keeping system.

Kind regards,

Jai

"Expand In Tray Feature to all transaction types"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2019

Hi Everyone

Thank you for voting and showing your support for this idea.

We have released the ability to attach documents to your Spend Money Transactions. This is done through the Attachments button before dragging and dropping the relevant file. 

For more information on this feature do please see Link attachments to your Spend money transactions

132 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

People have been asking for this since 2014  dont hold your breath....We have stopped recommending MYOB as there is other options that are cheaper and have this feature included and also a dedicated phone app to handle this.  I am saddened by the thought having been a long time MYOB advocate but from the new financial year we will be moving all our MYOB clients onto another platform.  I know I am wasting my time posting here as obviously MYOB doesn't look at these forums but if you have shares in MYOB sell them quick.....the company is off on some weird tangent supposedly spending millions on developing and upgrading the MYOB product but it cant get these little things fixed.

Saynora MYOB  its time to part ways ...you just dont seem to listen anymore.

Maree_C
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

With the impending new financial year approaching wouldn't it be nice to know MYOB  had implemented the in tray feature for all transactions. 

MYOB, you are not keeping up with technological advancements in the paperless environment for business requirements.

MYOB, You snooze; you lose!

JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have given up on the community forum and voting no-one appears to be listening or looking at it from MYOB developing new features that we aren't voting for and ignoring the ones that we are requesting.  I am a member of a facebook professional user group for both Xero and QBO and find it very useful ....these groups have moderators from both the Xero and QBO and problems and issues appear to be dealt with very efficiently and other professional users all seem to want o share their fixes and solutions together with general advice on how to do things.  I have created on Facebook a MYOB Professional User Group ....please look it up and joing and lets see if we can shame MYOB into doing something with the numbe of likes to improve the intray feature.   Next to come will be headers and job costing for MYOB essentials.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi James (@JamesSullivan),

Thank you for your recent comments on the topic. We understand and acknowledge the demand for expanding the scope of Smart Bills / In Tray to other areas of the software. As mentioned in my previous comment on this Idea, our team is currently working on enhancing this feature and working on improving the reliability of data extraction. While, expanding its scope to other areas is currently not on the immediate road map, it is certainly something that our team will consider for future work.

In the meantime, there are several add-on solutions that you and others may consider using:

SquirelStreet  (https://www.squirrelstreet.com/

ReceiptBank – Current in Beta (http://info.receipt-bank.com/rbmyob-interest-and-register-beta)

I’d like to reassure the community that I along with my team of MYOB Moderators, our Product Developers and Marketers and our technical support staff most definitely read the posts and comments on this forum. The comments on our forum help us understand the needs of our customers and are used as one of the biggest (albeit not the only) source of candidates for the enhancements delivered in our products.

James, we do have an MYOB Partners group, MYOB Partner HQ, on Facebook, where our professional Partners collaborate and lead informative discussions on innovation, transformation and successful business tips. Being one of our partners, you’re most welcome you to join the group and share your thoughts.

Regards,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Michaelthebaker
3 Posts
Cover User

I Agree. I often pay for business expeses myself and then put these against my current account. However I am unable to load the bill agains the journal entry and therefore have lots of invoices that are sitting in the in tray unable to be filed.

KateyCoates
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

be able to attach documents to sales invoices the same as purchases

s_short01
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

It's a new financial year and still no solution or implemenatation of our suggestion.  

I would love to know how other businesses are dealing with this. We are looking for a quick and easy solution to store copies of invoices receipts etc prefereably online and one step. 

Amy_Strat
1 Post
Cover User

I agree,

Intray definately should be set up for all transaction types, i would love to store all of the following documents to my MYOB file rather than separate folders on my pc:

• Bank & Credit Card Statements etc for Manual Reconcilliations 
  • Receipts & Tax invoices for spend money transactions
  • Tax & BAS documents from ATO, bookkeeper & Accountant

Busygirlange
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, the ability to scan one off documents that are processed as spend money, and have the copy of the receipt in the cloud....that is what the whole idea of cloud accounting is surely???

Ahna
2 Posts
Cover User

How has this not happened yet? Concidering moving to Xero.