Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Export reports to excel

linda_monardo
Trusted Partner

57Posts

82Kudos

3Solutions

18 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
New
New

Need to make all reports exportable to excel

Cant export trial balance to excel

Cant export GST reports to excel

Balance sheet exports account numbers and account description into separate columns yet P&L is concatenated - WHY?

All this makes it time consuming to prepare working papers

New
25 Comments
Contributing Partner Tana
17 Posts
Contributing Partner

Had a client wanting to do this for Trial balances and thought this should be a feature...
Just an idea. Smiley Happy

Partner AlanT
958 Posts
Partner

@Tana

Hi Tana,

What is it that you would like to export to Excel?

In the past I have ususally run the General Ledger detail report and exported that to Excel.  The accountants I work with are happy with this, if they don't want their own log in to the business data.

Don't forget that there is already an option to export to an MYE file, but that file format may only work with Accountant's Office software.

Regards,

Alan

17 Posts
Contributing Partner

Hi there..

The trial balances report?
Generating report only gives the option to save as PDF?
Client wanted to be able to export this report to Excell..
From what I found this wasn't possible? Is that correct? And only way would be to convert the PDF after saving?

Partner AlanT
958 Posts
Partner

Hi Tana,

It looks like you are correct.  The trial balance cannot be saved as an Excel file.

There are some big holes in Essentials and it looks like this is another one. 

I also tried to run the General Ledger report as a summary without any details, but that is not an option either.

I have voted for this suggestion.

Regards,

Alan

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Tana

See this link on some tips to export a PDF to excel there is a free tool you can use.   This might help you. 

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Exporting-contacts/m-p/405330#M16396

U3ANetworkVic
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi Tania

I've just read your note about exporting to Excel. I've just discovered today from one of the chat topics on "Historical Data Reporting" , you can actually export into excel by using a 30 day trial software from http://accountingaddons.com.au/ , Jeff Stephenson the owner is very helpful and he's on his company's live chat line as well.

Just load the excellink program onto your PC  where you can access your MYO data files, setup up the path of your MYO file, you can then access historical monthly and/or annual P&L, BSheet figures etc..in the latest Excel format.. It's pathetic that current MYOB software dont auto allow access to past financial years eg back to year of installation, its common business sense. I have used Quicken before and in my opinion, they are far more flexible with their historical reporting platform, without auto purging or lock out mechanism.

Tom..

17 Posts
Contributing Partner

Thanks Team!

Partner AlanT
958 Posts
Partner

@U3ANetworkVic

Hi Tom,

In Tania's original post she indicated that she is working with Essentials.

This is the on-line only product and does not have an MYO file.

Do you know if the utility you mentioned will work with Essentials?

Regards,

Alan

So-Cool
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi there

I'm new to Essentials, coming from Account Right.

In Account Right I could look at all my invoices or purchases based on specific search criteria and then click the "Print" button to get it as a report and from there export to Microsoft Excel.

Any chance this will become availalbe in Essentials at any point?

PDF format is really for articles and stories, not for numbers, there is no way to manipulate/sort/highlight or formulate data in PDF and excel is just the natural format to use when you work with numeric data.

Would love to hear what are development view on this

Thanks

ClearLens
1 Post
Cover User

And Sales Reports - I need to be able to export these to Excel.