Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Exporting data

2Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

There is no option to export data which is a disaster for my business as I need users details etc for other purposes. When will the simple ability to export and control MY data be avbailable?

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2014

Thank you for your suggestion. Export to Excel options are available on many of the Reports in Live Accounts, adding this option to more of them is certainly something that we would be happy to consider. Please remember to vote for this idea if you would also like to see this added in.

39 Comments
MickD
2 Posts
User

I agree with all of the customers above me in this chain. The ability to export data is a fundamental feature of a software product.  I personally export lots of data to Excel from other data sources to analyse and report on it.   I'd like to be able to export my MYOB database to perform analysis on it and to format my own reporting outputs. 

Is MYOB fearful of losing customers, and so does not provide this feature?  Other packages do not have this fear.  The effort of manually creating data files from pdf reporting outputs is likely to drive customers away as the effort to set up the data again in another package is not any greater.

Locklogic
7 Posts
Cover User

May 2016, still no action!

I have just launched a new scheduling software for my business, only to find MYOB essentials doesnt allow me to export MY clients! Yet again MYOB's  customer service is non existant! so what is it again that is so great that you felt a 12.5% price increase was worth me hanging around for?

hmmm. I'm reconsidering other options, when something as BASIC as exporting is not available in the BASIC version of MYOB!

MichaelS
3 Posts
Cover User

No news about this? this is such basic features and it is a must

we recently restructured my business from a sole trader to P/L.

I isubscribe to another MYOB Plan, my accountant recommending Xero, but I insist using MYOB because I am used to it.

and will have to spend days to add all the same information that I have from another MYOB account, even tho

it is a same login. when this is actually happening, it is a little to late for me as I need to do it right now.

VKC
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Is there a chance this is going to happen anytime soon.  I would really like to be able to export my customer details in bulk rather than going in individually for an email address?

Enhancebuilding
2 Posts
Cover User

Is it possible to have quotes exported out of MYOB to use in other busieness functions 

@HealthyInn wrote:

There is no option to export data which is a disaster for my business as I need users details etc for other purposes. When will the simple ability to export and control MY data be avbailable?

EdgePD
3 Posts
Cover User

I need to access my customer addresses and cannot see how I can export this information.  I would also like to export the email addresses and the postal addresses to Excel.  Can anyone explain how I can access and export this information?

EdgePD
3 Posts
Cover User

I need to access my customer addresses and cannot see how I can export this information.  I would also like to export the email addresses and the postal addresses to Excel.  Can anyone explain how I can access and export this information?  

datroy
1 Post
Cover User

My MYOB customer contacts are always the source of truth for customer email addresses as this is where the customer is always created first. I often need to update my Mailchimp list so a simple export to excel to allow me to export customer name and emails would be great.

FHChats
9 Posts
Cover User

I can see this has been under consideration for several years. How many votes does it need before it gets actioned?

Being able to export a list of open invoices to a text file / Excel is something our business could really use.

Greenheart
Trusted Cover User
40 Posts
Trusted Cover User

The ability to Export the customer database would be a very useful tool to use