Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send invoice with an external attachment

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I am really embracing Live Accounts, i am actually enjoying my MYOB again.

I would love it if i could send my invoice email with attachments, at this stage the customisation of the invoices is no where near what i need, but if i could add the excel PDF included as an attachment, i could send the basic invoice from MYOB with all the included ionformation inside.

Just a thought.

Troy

"Send invoice email with attachments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2014

Thank you all for your comments and votes. We are very pleased to say that you are now able to add attachments to Invoices being sent by email. You can read more about it on the Essentials Blog - http://community.myob.com/t5/The-MYOB-Essentials-Blog/The-invoicing-improvements-you-ve-been-asking-for-and-a-little/ba-p/332946

30 Comments
Nationwide
3 Posts
User

Absolutley , would love to see this ability, at the moment I have set all my clients details to Email to me, then I have to open the PDF and attach additional Pages or spreadsheets.

Great suggestion!!

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

Hi folks,

Thanks for this. We are starting a revamp of invoices soon and this will be one of the features we add.

Sorry for the current inconvenience, we plan to make invoices much easier to use.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Whoa11
2 Posts
User

Hi Steve,

Just wondering how we are getting on with this as I am keen to add extra pdf documents with my quotes which contain Terms and Conditions?

Regards,

Luke

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Luke,

It will be another couple of months as we have just started working on invoices now.

The only option at the moment is to send the invoice to yourself first, add the attachments, and then forward.

Regards,

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Nicole_Eames
3 Posts
Cover User

I have just hung on the phone for 45 minutes to get through to technical support, only to be told that this option for attaching our terms of trade to our MYOB  invoices is STILL not available.

come on guys, in development and planned for how many years????? (see above) not good enough as i was MADE to pay for support with my upgrade last year, costing an extra $200 from previous years and essentially all i have got is new tax tables.

no support, quite abrupt they were in tech support with no idea as to when this option will be available.

very disappointed!

Nicole_Eames
3 Posts
Cover User

Update - I have played around trying to allow this attachment via MYOB but no success.  I have switched off my automatic send and receive in my email package and then go in to the outbox and find the invoice being emailed directly from MYOB and then open and attach my terms of trade and then send.  I have found this option the easiest way for now.

But hurry up MYOB and put an extra field into the outgoing email default to allow us all to attach any further relevant information - would have thought that a year in the development would be ample time.

Jamsol
2 Posts
User

At the moment we are unable to attach supporting documentation when emailing sales invoices from Live Accounts. At present we have to copy customers email address, send invoice to ourselves, then attach documentation, then forward email to customer. As we invoice for man hours, we have to supply time sheets to customer. It would be so much simpler if we could just attach the document while still in Live Accounts.

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
253 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I agree, we need to do the same thing. 

LianeLeeming
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This soooo needs to happen.  Zero are already doing something.  I don't want to change.