Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Send invoice with an external attachment

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I am really embracing Live Accounts, i am actually enjoying my MYOB again.

I would love it if i could send my invoice email with attachments, at this stage the customisation of the invoices is no where near what i need, but if i could add the excel PDF included as an attachment, i could send the basic invoice from MYOB with all the included ionformation inside.

Just a thought.

Troy

"Send invoice email with attachments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2014

Thank you all for your comments and votes. We are very pleased to say that you are now able to add attachments to Invoices being sent by email. You can read more about it on the Essentials Blog - http://community.myob.com/t5/The-MYOB-Essentials-Blog/The-invoicing-improvements-you-ve-been-asking-for-and-a-little/ba-p/332946

30 Comments
Lans02
3 Posts
User

We also need to send attachments with our invoices. 

Its very frustrating and unprofessional sending two emails for one invoice.

This needs to happen asap

SpotlightPaint
2 Posts
User

This is definetly needed as many contracts, especially when progress payments are being submitted require inoices to be supported by a progress payment schedule, in accordance with the contract.

max_melb
4 Posts
User

Yes. It is a must have feature if you are runing a body-shop / time-for-hire type business where timesheets are provided to the clients during invoicing.

chikaminx
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Hi, I would *LOVE* to have this option! We currently print and post our invoices because they need to have SIGNED dockets attached to them to support the charges. It is our desire to become "Paperless" and embrace an electronic filing system, however we are unable to do so due to the current limitations in MYOB Premier. If we had to purchase a specially developed "Add-On" we would do that, anything to improve our processes and enable us to email our sales through instead of rely on "snail mail"!

Rapidtools
9 Posts
Cover User

Absolutely would love this idea. To attach monthly specials, Christmas greetings flyer etc etc

SonicSecurity
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Must be a deep mirror that you guys keep "looking into". 

How long could it possibly take to add a dialogue box with an add attachment to invoice before sending it??

Seriously, I walked away from Freshbooks because it didn't do payroll well. 
I may have to revisit Freshbooks I think. 

I was obvioulsy misled. I seriously thought that this product would actually help me with my business not frustrate me. 

Sorry MYOB but I am seriously disappointed with this Essentials. The new upgrade broke more functionality that it provided. 

Fizzkid
Experienced Cover User
65 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have to attach timesheets to invoices.

Attching them would be great.

Better still a simple timesheet function in the program would be fantastic

AndrewATPL
9 Posts
Cover User

Yep, mee too. Same as everyone else. Come on MYOB, how hard could it be after all this time spent 'looking into it'?????

terra
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes, we have the same need.

I currently have to print to a PDF, one by one, and save.  Then open the pdf and add a page/file and add the timesheets, which I have also saved as pdf's.  

Then resave, then send manually.

Other programs have the ability to add files, I am surprised that MYOB have not addressed this need

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for all your comments and votes. We can see this is a fairly popular request. Our developers are planning on including the ability to include an attachment to Invoices being emailed from Essentials. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time on when this will be implemented. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. I request others to continue voting.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support