Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Irritants in MYOB Essentials

Experienced User

47Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

47 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

Hi,

I've been using MYOB Essentials for a few months & have found a few annoying 'glitches' which are impacting my experience with the product.  Here are the big ones for me at the moment:

Start Payrun - I have over 20 employees, which means a long list in the 'Select employees to pay' list.  This means that the next/prev buttons are off screen & one I get half way through the list I can't see these buttons anymore. & have to keep going to the botttom to go use them & then up to the top to enter hours etc.  Most annoying! Plus, I can't get any report out of MYOB to know when anyone's birthday is so I have to keep track of this outside of the software to know when I have to change employee rates due to a birthday.

Super calculations.  The award that some of my employees is on indicates that super must be paid on monthly earnings of $350 or more, but MYOB has this hard set to $450.  Also, it does not handle calculations correctly for anyone under 18.  Lots of manual checking for me!

Intray - this can be very inconsistent for some of my bills even though they involve the same supplier.  Any one or more of the following can be missing: supplier name, invoice number, invoice total. Overall though, I really like the intray but would like to see it extended to Spend Money transactions as well.

Sorting/Filtering - the sorting & filtering functions seem to be quite variable across the different screens.  e.g. in the Bills list, I can filter, view the bill, come back to the list & the filter will still be applied.  This doesn't happen when I go to things like Items (under Purchases).  Very frustrating to have to keep resetting the filter!  Lately, the invoice list is showing different sort orders to what it did before.  I don't know what the default order is anymore & always have to reset it everytime I go in to that screen to show the latest first.

Editing mode (new or update) on several screens behaves differently, & fonts for various items is different. It would be good if they were all consistent.  I also sometimes get asked to supply some details that are already there.  e.g. Transfer money - even though I supply the from & to accounts, I often get an error saying I still need to supply them.

Regards

Nicky