Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Items: Pricing levels

Experienced User

111Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

111 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Like most companies we have customers who do not pay list price for items setup in MYOB essentials. 

For these customers we maintain a spreadsheet with their price for the item and manually change the price for the customer within MYOB. (primitive but effective if I dont go on holiday)

As we all know the customers who pay above list will never complain if the person invoicing ignores the spreadsheet and uses list, they will just bitch that they have been over charged in the past.  Customers who pay below list always bitch that the price is wrong, but inevitably it will be after they pay the invoice so credits need to get involved.

I went on vacation for one day (for the first time in 3 years i might add) and found invoicing errors to the tune of $700 and not in my favour.  

What I need and im sure im not alone, is a customer profile where I can set an over riding item price.

For example, item x has a list price of $1.00. 90% pay list, so the value within items is the default for most. However customer Y pays $1.10 for this item.  Within the customer details there should be a number of fields where item x or other items can overide prices for from the default item.

Is this possible on some road map in the near future, cause it would be a good selling point?

Thoughts.  Cheers  S

"Customer profile pricing override."

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @shane1,

Thanks for your idea. MYOB Essentials does not currently have a pricing level option, although we can definitely see the benefit in this. We'd encourage all clients who'd like to see this implemented into the software to vote for the idea, and leave a comment (if there's anything you'd like to add). Voting can be done by simply clicking on the thumbs up icon.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

Eamonn
5 Posts
User

Surely when we add our contact from a spreadsheet we could also add type of product (I only have 5) and invoice price and date of invoice.

Then when I import these details they can automatically on selection (as contacts are selected now) populate the invoice.

You mean you haven't thought of this yet! Come on it's 2018.

Further if I create invoices - using your system no one could create them in one day, but I want to send them all together - when can I select all invoices and send without having to open each invoice and sending it, one at a time.

Gotta step up MYOB and give all us community associations, and sports clubs with standard fees and few products the ability to cut our workload.Currently I plug my spreadsheet of contacts and price, into constant contact template and email everyone at once. Same for receipts - be better if I could do it through MYOB rightSmiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages