Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Items: Selling Price including GST

4Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New Zealand

Currently LiveAccounts only offers a GST exclusive Item Sell price and two decimal places for the price.

This causes issues like the following:

A $36 inc. GST price becomes 31.40. Which then means if I invoice for a couple of these, the invoice (GST inclusive) displays:

• a unit price of $35.99  -  I want $36
  • a total of $71.99  -  this is neither the $72 figure I wanted nor 2x $35.99

Please add either a GST inclusive Item Sell price or 3 decimal places for GST ex.

Many thanks!

"Item Sell price including GST OR 3 decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow the user to select whether they wish for the selling price to be tax inclusive or tax exclusive when setting up their items.

37 Comments
ProduceStore
6 Posts
Cover User

Desperatly need this function. 

@Shane-oz wrote:

G'day,

It would be handy if one had the choice of entering item prices including GST. 

Thanks,

Techpower
1 Post
Cover User

I am trying to find out how to do this as well.

We have multiple options on the one quote to save time and it becomes very difficult for clients to work out the price of an option including GST.

How is this not an option in this day an age?

Cygnetics
6 Posts
Cover User

Thumbs up for this functionality, It must be added, Such a basic thing that is missing.

Cygnetics
6 Posts
Cover User

Three years and a bit, and it is still under consideration? Really ?

@Shane-oz wrote:

G'day,

Thanks,

Scentsforus
2 Posts
Cover User

I too would like the option of selecting GST inc or exc prices when adding inventory. No matter how well you try to enter some of these exclusive prices, when it comes to invoiceing the customer the price needs to be adjusted manually when the final invoice comes out. This wastes our time and if you forget to do it, can add, although only a cent or two, extra charges to their account which is not good for business.

DramaQueenstown
1 Post
Cover User

I agree- feel like its a pretty basic function that would naturally be included in the product. Would appreciate if it could be included.

BPC-Poolcare
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

In our business, we want to sell things in whole numbers. So when editing or adding items, we want to be able to add them inclusive of gst so we dont have problems balancing. Say we want to sell something for $15 then currently the following has to happen:  $15/11=1.3636363 ergo it goes into the items list as: $13.64 BUT THEN when entering the sal it appears as$15.004 so then my hard copy sales invoices dont balance with my MYOB entries.

Cygnetics
6 Posts
Cover User

this is a must have

everytime I have to add/edit item I have to bring out calculator and adjust prices. plus these prices are in x.xxx format which sucks because myself (and most businesses) would prefer to enter prices in whole numbers. MYOB Dev Team look into this

CanTimes
2 Posts
Cover User

It is very inconvenient to not have this feature.  It makes invoicing very time consuming.

MishMas65
3 Posts
Cover User

I need to enter my items and service prices including gst. I can only see the option to do this excluding gst. Are we able to do this now. I noticed there was a post re this back in 2014! Has this issue been solved and if so how do I do it?

Thank you

@Shane-ozwrote:

G'day,

Thanks,