Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Items: Selling Price including GST

4Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New Zealand

Currently LiveAccounts only offers a GST exclusive Item Sell price and two decimal places for the price.

This causes issues like the following:

A $36 inc. GST price becomes 31.40. Which then means if I invoice for a couple of these, the invoice (GST inclusive) displays:

• a unit price of $35.99  -  I want $36
  • a total of $71.99  -  this is neither the $72 figure I wanted nor 2x $35.99

Please add either a GST inclusive Item Sell price or 3 decimal places for GST ex.

Many thanks!

"Item Sell price including GST OR 3 decimal places"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will allow the user to select whether they wish for the selling price to be tax inclusive or tax exclusive when setting up their items.

37 Comments
Marlcomp
Partner
32 Posts
Partner

Would like to see at least 4 decimal please in the unit price or being able to overwrite the total, instead of having to make the unti 1 and entering the total as the unit price.

Shane-oz
Trusted Partner
82 Posts
Trusted Partner

G'day,

It would be handy if one had the choice of entering item prices including GST. 

Thanks,

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post, @Shane-oz. I understand you would like to have the option to enter a Tax Inclusive price for an Item in the Item card. If others would like to see this option please vote and add any relevant comments.
gyouryj
2 Posts
User

Hi guys, had a client on the phone who suggested adding GST inclusive feature to items on Essentails.

Thanks,

Jordan Gyoury
BD Client Support

MYOB

JohnTheLA
19 Posts
Cover User

A client  has entered her “items” in GST inclusive and so when she is preparing invoices, GST is being added on additionally. In the future, it would be great to enter item prices either inclusive or exclusive of GST

JohnTheLA
19 Posts
Cover User

Antother idea might be just to make it more clear that item prices are being entered GST exclusive.

Camo
2 Posts
User

I have just migrated from desktop Account Right Basics to Online Essential.

My item lists include both wholesale and retail items.

In Essential; to make an invoice with retail prices I need to work out the unit price without GST for each item, rather than simply opening the item and checking a box that says GST inclusive to have it automatically calculate as with Basics.

Please provide this check box.

Photobooth
1 Post
User

The option to set an item price that is GST inclusive would be very helpful!

It is very difficult when you have an item that (for example) is $995 inclusive of GST. When you set this item as $904.55 exclusive of GST, it sets the unit price at $995.005, which it turn creates the amount $995.01 on the invoice. It is not very time efficient to have to manually change the unit price each time this item is invoiced in order to ammend the invoice to the correct total of $995.00.

It also does not look very professional when the unit prices are not displayed in round figures ($995.005 instead of the true $995.00). 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Photobooth

Thank you for voting for this idea and feedback in regards to the idea to add the ability to set the item price to be excluding GST or the option to make it GST Inclusive or Exclusive. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Nevillethetech
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Regards the GST inclusive comment.

We need to be able to flag individual lines as inclusive or exclusive. For example I often round down to the nearest dollar when in the field so save handling change. However, when it comes to creating an invoice, most of what we do is exclusive but trying to round down an inclusive amount from an exclusive transaction takes ages. 

Also it is now possible to edit the GST content. This can be very handy when rounding issues miss by a cent.