Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
Ralph-Peter
1 Post
Cover User

I want to add my vote to get a job or tracking categories included in essentials for rental properties and business branches or activities.

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Any news on this topic ? Are we any closer in launching this function in Essentials.
GavinJK
1 Post
Cover User
Hi I am currently using MYOB essentials and wanted to know if anyone knows of a good “Add On” that allows you to track individual job costings. Where I can basically allocate expenses and incomes to different jobs to see how much profit/loss you have made for each.
I have also been told that MYOB essentials have been working on this function. Any idea if or when this may be available?
CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am also waiting on an answer to this very question. The problem with add-on apps is the fact that they offer more than just ie. job costing. So you basically purchasing things you don’t need at an unnecessary cost when all you really want is job costing not the whole invoicing system which works perfectly fine in MYOB Essentials. Either way, job costing exist in account right so it really shouldn’t be rocket science to add this function to Essentials as the hard work has already been done by the developers. Job costing is a necessary function and should have been part of the Essentials launch. Little disappointing 😡

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Any news on Essentials ability to use job codes. The posts regarding this subject dates back to many years.
Cruisergirl
Contributing Cover User
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User

please please please add jobs to MYOB Essentials

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree with adding job costing to MYOB Essentials.  There are add-on packages but one has to purchase the full package whereas all we want is to continue using Essentials and the job costing function.  Its a pity these add on techno's don't just offer what one needs.  We don't need a full invoicing package which runs perfectly in Essentials just job costing.  How hard can it be.  

amore63
2 Posts
Cover User

When will MYOB essentials allow us to do a job profit and loss report (either by job number or purchase order), i see that the continued normal response is that MYOB is looking into this, if you seriously than you should have a time frame if you dont have this ill will have no choice but to use alternative methods for my clients i do bookwork for and currently that is 26 clients that i wil be moving. Prehaps you could offer me suggestions on how to do it if you currently dont have this function instead of a computer generated response its extremely frustrating.

Thank you 

amore63
2 Posts
Cover User

When will MYOB essentials allow us to do a job profit and loss report (either by job number or purchase order), i see that the continued normal response is that MYOB is looking into this or it is planned, if you are serious than you should have a time frame we can expect to be able to do some basic report that MYOB Essentials fails to deliver. I'll will have no choice but to use alternative accounting software for my clients and wont be recommending Essentials as i have been to my clients. Prehaps you could offer me suggestions on how to do a profit and loss report by Job or Purchase order if you currently dont have this function instead of a computer generated response that says you are looking into this, its extremely frustrating and you need to MAKE IT MORE CLEAR when purchasing MYOB Essentials that this is a very very very basic setup.

Thank you 

AP1984
1 Post
Cover User

any update regarding job costing