Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create journal entry: Ability to tab through window

1Posts

131Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

When entering general journals we are unable to tab through when entering data. 

Using Google Chrome on Mac book air (brand new Oct 2014 with latest software).

Also it would be nice if we could copy journals...same idea as copy invoices.

Thanks,

Omni Payroll Team.  

"Tab Through General Journal & Copy Journals"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Within the Create general journal window in the newer MYOB Essentials platform, users can now tab into fields and navigate using the Tab key.

47 Comments
JarrodWilson
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Hi guys, two things. 1. give us the ability to copy journals, we shouldn't have to beg for functionality, QBO does it so get a move on please. 2. when uploading bank statements, make it so we can upload CSV files please. No one uses QIF these days.

Thanks in advance for your help

mariad
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

can you PLEASE enable tabbing between screens on GJ entry and spend and receive money.  It is available in your other programs that I've used incl accountright, accounting plus (all versions in the last 10 yrs) as well as in competitor products like quickbooks and quicken.

I also seem to have to click on each field multiple times in order to be able to enter data. 

mariad
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

i second this - the inability to tab is very frustrating

TallBooks
Super Partner
236 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Guys,

This is a small fix but a MAJOR pain when reconciling and bookkeeping. The inability to tab in Receive Money or Journal Entries (but no issue in Spend Money) is very slow and frustrating have to click into each field meaning data entry is extended. Please fix this asap

mariad
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is anyone aware of any progress on this?  I'm going nuts not being able to tab in this and other screens.

GayleneU
2 Posts
Cover User

I am a new use to MYOB Essentials and can't believe this hasn't been added in yet.  It makes entering so slow.

kiwiboi
3 Posts
Cover User

Come on MYOB developers.  This is not an enhancement... this is fixign some ones sloppy coding. Someon who has not had to enter journals on a regular basis

Rachel_Ivic
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Also cannot use tab between the feild when recording a receive money very frustrating.  And often the gl code selected doesn't stay put and have to select it again Smiley Sad

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

YES PLEASE! This is a big frustration in data entry.

MelanieNATS
12 Posts
Cover User

It is my considered opinion that whoever coded the screen for the general journal page has never actually watched a professional do data entry.

To have to mouse from field to field is both ludicrious and time-consuming.

I'd also like to see the ability to use the account NUMBER rather than only it's title added as well.

Oh, and a more sensible predictive function on account names as well.  If I try to enter, say, "legal fees" I get as far as "L-E" and the first suggestion is "SALES"?  Really?

But seeing how the initial request has been "under consideration" since 2014, I'm not going to hold my breath.