Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Kerry030118
2 Posts
User

I'm looking at this post from 2014....it's now 2019 and still no LSL in Essentials!  Why??

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Its a way to force you to upgrade to more costly Account Right Live. They will never put LSL in Essentials.

Elizabeth_3195
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hello Support

How far away is LSL in Essentials?

Thanks Elizabeth

bpacc
2 Posts
Cover User

I just converted a Client from Accountright 2018.4 to Essentials and I am disturbed to find that it does not track long servicve leave accrual for Employees. Essentials is such a user friendly product and I don't understand why when it can track sick and annual leave that it is not able to do LSL. I had no idea this would be an issue. I hope this is in an update coming soon.

Lowey22
1 Post
User

If MYOB Essentials can accrue for Annual and Personal Leave, why can it not accrue for Long Service Leave? Long term casuals and permanent part time employees are entitled to  long service leave these days. It is not unusual for a company with just one employee to have that worker with them for 10 years and be entitled to long service leave. As LSL rules differ from state to state, could you not have a drop down to choose the particular state and the appropriate % for pay period accruals. You can do this in more expensive versions of MYOB.

FiltersPlusWA
4 Posts
User

I have staff who require by law to have Long Service Leave Accrued as they have completed the required time under the Award. This leave needs to be included in the next update please.

Elizabeth_3195
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

We so need LSL in Essentials - I have a few clients who wish they hadnt gone with Essentials because this has to be managed outside of MYOB.

Please add it in the next release.

Regards

Elizabeth Haverfield

BrianMun
3 Posts
User

I would also like to se accrual for LSL included in Essentials, it would be very helpful.

Kath-raw
3 Posts
User

This would definitely be a useful and time saving option

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Gals and guys, this post is now 5 years old... They dont even reply, Ive given up! They will never put LSL in Essentials. If you want LSL you have to upgrade to Account Right Live.