Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: BAS Preparation

Contributing Cover User

21Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi there

At the moment MyobLive doesn't seem to have much automated functionalityfor BAS. 

Given that the system already calcuates the BAS it seems really odd that the user has to manually create a spend journal or a reversal to allocate GST Paid, Collected, PAYG instalment etc, and also fill in the ATO forms.  Surely this could all be automated, afterall it's the most confusing thing for small business and the one where MYOB already does much of the heavy lifting (in my case, the main reason for using the package in the first place).

Df

"BAS Preparation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to lodge their BAS online. Check out Lodge your activity statement for more information.

40 Comments
FNQ
1 Post
Cover User

Wanting to lodge my TFN's electronically but can't seem to do this online.  When will MYOB be SBR Enabled?

heimdal
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is there any update on this, it suggests above that it should be available in 2013 and is under consideration. Surely fours later it should have be sorted out.

heimdal
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I  notice this is still under consideration, 5 years after this post. I am using MYOB essentials for my accounts, but have had to resort to a free accounting package to lodge my BAS and TAx return electronically. Find is interesting that free packages can offer this service, but MYOB, which I pay for, can not. While I am a CPA qualified accountant I work as a system analyst in a software development division and wonder what the delay is. It does not strike me as a difficult task to create this facility.

Argan
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

What is the reason NOT to have Payroll Clearing account in MYOB Essential?

It is very inconvenient if your client is processing the payroll himself and not paying using th export function. Instead he is entering amounts manually using Internet banking online.

It is very difficult to figure out what who was paid and what the mistakes in pyments are.

Are you considering introducing the Payroll Clearing account? If so how long will this take?

Is it like the option to have TFN declaration lodgment via MYOB (like Xero and QuickBooks)? If not, is there any reason why?

Generally I really regret giving my clinets the option to choose between MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks. I should have excluded MYOB all together.

AirpakFreight
4 Posts
User

Make it so, number one.

heimdal
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Almost three years after my last post and still no comments from MYOB and still no functionality. The free package I have has been improved and I think at the end of this financial year I might transfer my accounts to them.

davis_aj
Experienced User
46 Posts
Experienced User

When will MYOB Essentials Payroll be able to send the ATO Tax File Number Declaration electronically?

Chadref
3 Posts
User

Following this thread. This is something Myob should have already implemented a long time ago

NikkiH
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User

The fact that this says "coming soon" posted in 2016 - makes the idea of submitting ideas that are usefull to us, the consumer, laughable!

By the time you get these things working we would have found a product that already does what we want.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to lodge their BAS online. Check out Lodge your activity statement for more information.