Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank rules: Turn off auto allocation

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto allocation in LiveAccounts as I find it is constantly matching wrong payments to the wrong customer or supplier invoice.  Twice I have thought that a bill had been paid as it was cleared out of the system only to receive an overdue notice from the supplier and when I go through and check it has in fact been auto reconciled by LiveAccounts with another incorrect payment

"LiveAccounts - Turn off Auto Allocation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi everyone, thank you for all your votes and feedback. Our developers have taken this aboard and I'm very pleased to annouse that this feature has now been implemented. 

You can now turn off bank feeds auto-allocation in the new banking system via Manage Allocation Rules, please check out the latest Essentials Blog for more information.

57 Comments
RobbyJai
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

this is ridiculous. the fact that so many people are having this problem is a clear fact that THIS IS A BUG

It cannot be any simpler than this. Having an auto match feature that gets it wrong which affects a business'es cash flows and all other aspect is just down right ridiculous considering this is MEANT to be an accounting and billing system

THIS SHOULD NOT be an option under consideration

THIS IS A BUG. We all paid to use this software and this bug is downright annoying and causing us a significant amount of pain when we have upset an irate customers challenging us that they have paid an invoice when the system is still showing the account as outstanding or vice versa where accounts are showing its been paid but in reality the client hadnt even paid

FIX IT

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @RobbyJai 

Thank you for your feedback and concerns in regards to the automatic allocation in Essentials.

I am glad you were able to locate this payment and fix the transaction. I encourage more users that would like to see this implemented in future upgrades to vote and cast a comment.

Kind regards,

Kat 

RobbyJai
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

kat THIS Isnt an UPGRADE. THIS IS a BUG. NO IFS NO BUTS

YOU need to fix this problem SORRY

I paid for this product to function as it should.

Otherwise can you explain to me why I am paying to use this product ???

especially when IT COST ME MONEY

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @RobbyJai 

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your concerns on to the development team.

Kind regards,

Kat 

kittykittykitty
1 Post
User

PLEASE add this feature. Constantly having to re-allocate transactions as they are matching to the wrong invoices! Creates more work than needed.

RobbyJai
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

FIX THIS DAM PROBLEM MYOB. 

MYOB THIS IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.

I AM getting fed up with this BUG

This picture clearly shows the account is PAID

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21087tmj5lb0puu/Screenshot%202015-03-21%2008.58.45.png?dl=0

THIS picture clearly shows there is NO allocation rules turned on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0yob9u893ow5zp/Screenshot%202015-03-21%2009.02.37.png?dl=0

THIS picture SHOWS that MYOB clearly ALLOCATED the payment against a transaction JUST because the amount matched an invoice with the same exact outstanding balance

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obud9dzz3nfel25/Screenshot%202015-03-21%2009.04.13.png?dl=0

EVEN tho the description clearly shows its an owners contribution and NOT a payment to the account

THIS picture shows a PAYMENT made by a client which MYOB incorrectly ALLOCATES it to another invoice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0mi5z2579gl00f/Screenshot%202015-03-21%2009.04.44.png?dl=0

WTF?????

Seriously MYOB??????

THIS IS happening too regularly ???? And its quick frankiy making me seriously consider other products to do the job

THIS IS NOT acceptable or good enough

THIS IS NOT A FEATURE. THIS IS A BLOOODY BUG.  FIX THE DAM THING BEFORE IT SERIOUSLY COST my BUSINESS MONEy

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RobbyJai, Thank you for your feedback. I can your frustration at the inability to turn off Auto Allocation. I will follow this up with the Essentials Product development team on Monday and give you an update as soon as available. We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Kumarani
4 Posts
User

Please add this feature as soon as possible! The auto-allocation is a continuous cause of embarrassment for us and causes a lot of extra work! Lots of payments get constantly assigned to the wrong invoices!

Kumarani
4 Posts
User

Just noted that this request is almost 2 years old already! If that is the timeframe we need to expect for serious issues to be fixed we better start looking for an alternative software solution.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @Kumarani

We will give you an update on when this change will be done as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.