Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank rules: Turn off auto allocation

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto allocation in LiveAccounts as I find it is constantly matching wrong payments to the wrong customer or supplier invoice.  Twice I have thought that a bill had been paid as it was cleared out of the system only to receive an overdue notice from the supplier and when I go through and check it has in fact been auto reconciled by LiveAccounts with another incorrect payment

"LiveAccounts - Turn off Auto Allocation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi everyone, thank you for all your votes and feedback. Our developers have taken this aboard and I'm very pleased to annouse that this feature has now been implemented. 

You can now turn off bank feeds auto-allocation in the new banking system via Manage Allocation Rules, please check out the latest Essentials Blog for more information.

57 Comments
RobbyJai
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

is there ANY way I can just filter Bank Transactions by Transactions that has been automatically allocated by MYOB ?????

We have now had to add additional processes into our reconciliation to verify ALL transactions automatically allocated by MYOB.

When we go to BANKING -> Transactions Allocated by MYOB ... instead of JUST showing transactions allocated by MYOB it shows ALL the transactions for the date range which is stupid and doesnt function/filter as designed

surely there must be a way to FILTER by that only

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @RobbyJai 

While it's not exactly the same way you want it to be, currently you can view transaction autoreconciled by Essentials via Banking > Banking Reconciliations > choose the bank account and reconciliation date > click on Show reconciled > click on Status header to sort the transactions. 

I can see it would be beneficial to have a more advanced filter under Bank Transactions, I have shared your comment with the relevant team.

LR1980
2 Posts
User

the entire reason I came to the forum this evening. the incorrect allocation of items is driving me nuts. 

I love the automatic bank feed, but I don't want the items allocated. It is causing us a lot of grief and making me waste so much time trying to ascertain what is correctly allocated and what is not. It defeats the purpose of there even being a bank feed. I might as well just enter the whole thing manually. It is so frustrating

KentUnwin
5 Posts
User

Hi,

Any idea when this will be available?  The auto-matching is quite painful.

Kind regards,

Kent.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KentUnwin

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

This idea is still marked as "Under Consideration". At this point in time we are still encouraging users to vote and comment if required for this idea. As such we don't have a time frame for when this will be implemented at this stage. 

KentUnwin
5 Posts
User

Hi @Steven_M,

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully it makes its way through to the product soon so the majority of us can stop doing workarounds.  For now, I'll just have to settle for creating my bills as 1 cent higher than the amount so that the auto-matching does not match the transaction.  Let's hope I don't have multiple bills outstanding of which one of them is 1 cent higher than the other or I'll be in all sorts of problems.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KentUnwin

You are welcome. Do let us know if you require further assistance in regards to this idea or assistance with MYOB Essentials.

KentUnwin
5 Posts
User

Hi @Steven_M,

Does anyone spend time reviewing forums for customers that may want this feature but haven't necessarily commented to this thread?  I was reading forum posts about bank feeds and came across this one:

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/essentials-bank-feeds/m-p/329821#M8181

It appears there are more customers out there that would use the ability to disable automatching than the 31 votes this feature request suggests.

Kind regards,
Kent.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your feedback @KentUnwin

We do monitor all posts made on the Community Forum, feedback and suggestions are definitely shared to the relevant teams, and we do try our best to direct interested clients to vote on popular ideas.

Our developers are considering adding the option to turn off automatic allocation in MYOB Essentials, however I'm afraid we do not have a time frame available at this stage. 

I would encourage anyone who is interested in this feature to show your support by casting your vote, and leave comments here if required. 

KentUnwin
5 Posts
User

Just had MYOB Essentials match a transaction to a bill that was actually a transfer between accounts.  Looks like it just guesses with the first transaction that has the same amount as an outstanding bill.

Disabling auto-match can't come soon enough for me.