Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank rules: Turn off auto allocation

Experienced Cover User

125Posts

77Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto allocation in LiveAccounts as I find it is constantly matching wrong payments to the wrong customer or supplier invoice.  Twice I have thought that a bill had been paid as it was cleared out of the system only to receive an overdue notice from the supplier and when I go through and check it has in fact been auto reconciled by LiveAccounts with another incorrect payment

"LiveAccounts - Turn off Auto Allocation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi everyone, thank you for all your votes and feedback. Our developers have taken this aboard and I'm very pleased to annouse that this feature has now been implemented. 

You can now turn off bank feeds auto-allocation in the new banking system via Manage Allocation Rules, please check out the latest Essentials Blog for more information.

57 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @KentUnwin, thank you for your feedback, the auto match does base the match on amount, date and description. If one or more of these match generally it will auto match to that transaction. I have passed your comments and concerns to the development team. 

Damo_M
2 Posts
User

When is this feature going to be added / fixed ??? Why is it still under consideration?? it casues enough problems as it is yet it has been dragging on for far too long. Go back through this thread and have a good look at the dates people have posted.

Do you see why people are really getting annoyed. We pay a monthly subscription for the service and this issue has been brought to your attention many times over a 12-18 month period and the replys from the MYOB team is the same reply every time. " Hello, Thankyou for your feedback. Ive passed on your comments to the development team.".

MYOB Essentials is great for my small business and many other and small business's, we support your business by using your product and paying a monthly subscription. Now how about you support small business by improving / updating your product instead of making us feel like you don't care about this issue and just putting it in the too hard basket.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Damo_M

Thank you for your feedback and comments, we pass all the feedback to the developers this helps them prioritise changes and fixes based on a number of factors, such as the impact of the issue, the number of people affected, and the time it would take to resolve the issue. 

We do appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards,

Kat 

PKs
1 Post
User

I too would find this option REALLY helpful. My invoices are often the same amount and I often catch MYOB auto-allocating payments to the wrong invoice. Perhaps with the allocation rules you could add when NOT to allocate as well? I love MYOB Essentials - but this one feature is frustrating!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PKs

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

Mouie
2 Posts
User

The allocation thing is driving me mental - so much time wasted re allocating incorrectly allocated invoices

RobbyJai
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB Enough is ENOUGH

you have multiple complaints about this stupid unwanted features for it to be a big enough problem 

get on with it and stop giving us BS canned responses and just fix the problem

WE all pay to use your products and we SHOULDNT have to put up with this stupid bug.

No more of this voting for feature or enhancement.

IT IS A FRIGGEN BUG. FIX THE BLOODY THING

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone, Thank you for your votes and comments. I'm glad to say that our product developers are planning on including the ability to turn off Auto Allocations, as a part of a new and improved Banking Rules service. 

We currently do not have an estimated time for when this will be implemented. We will keep you informed. Thank you once again for your patience in the meantime. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mouie and @RobbyJai,

Thank you for your comments. As mentioned in the Status Change comments, I have confirmation from our developers that this change is being planned as a part of a new and improved Banking Rules service. We will provide more details on when this will be implemented, as soon as we have more information. Thank you once again for your patience.

cosbaldiston
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

We now have a new banking system on MYOB Essentials but paymnets are still being allocated automatically. For how many years do you require people to complain about a feature before turning it off?? Or when will you stop fobbing everyone off with "we're planning on fixing it" or "please click the vote button" its clearly a massive issue and I for one will move my entire accounting software to xero if you cant even provide an ETA on a bug fix - sounds like im definitley not the only one either.