Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Attach PDF to invoices emails

User

2Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User

Please reinstate the function to attach PDF to invoice email by ticking the settings box. This was possible before the upgrade. The suggested resolution was that I type invoice, preview PDF, download PDF, then reattach it to the email. It was much faster and more efficient in the pre software update

"Attach PDF to email invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that the email of invoices will now automatically include a PDF attachment of the email. This will show in the Attachments section of the Email window and can be removed if not required or download prior to emailing.

32 Comments
JHOCPA
Contributing Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Partner

Program creators why don't we ask users before making changes like this; not asking end users about essential functions in your system causes the end user a lot of pain for no reward! Can you please reinstate the function to attach PDF to invoice email by ticking the settings box.  Possible before the upgrade and your suggested resolution to type invoice, preview PDF, download PDF, then reattach it to the email is inefficient and not recoverable in our already challenged Bookkeeping and Accounting field. A tick box will always be faster and more efficient as it was in the pre software update.  Thanks

katrinamed
4 Posts
User

I think they should revert back to the old way entirely. There is not one new feature for me that improves, helps or stands out as a benefit to doing my job. On the contrary, it has made about 80% of my job more difficult as most of the seemingly small and insignificant features they had they have now removed are the features that I used in my day to day.

For example before I could go to the invoices section and check box any of the invoices I wanted and send to print then either print them all or create a single PDF file to send to my customer. Now I have to go into each invoice and do it from there.

Also there seems to be some kind of coding type error as when I try to send an email invoice from myob and want to add an email into the Cc field it erases the email address that I want it to go to in the main field and he bith the main and cc the same email...?!? 
I am currently trialling Xero as MYOB have completely screwed it up. So disappointing. 

WrightwayC
1 Post
User

Hello, 

We would like the feature of PDF invoices as we have to go in and attach them separately now which is inconvenient, our builders require them to be in PDF file for us to receive payment. We would also like to be able to attach word documents to the emailing system as we now have to change the word document to a PDF file everytime we send an invoice off. 
Please contact us to let us know if or when we will be able to use these features on rjwcarpentry@outlook.com

MarkPhoto
4 Posts
User

I have clients who have a preference for invoices to be provided as an attached PDF. So this function is really important for me.

ann75
Experienced User
38 Posts
Experienced User

I seriously cannot understand why a simple and  effective PDF option had to be removed from a perfectly working system. What ever for??? I have had multiple clients tell me they NEED a PDF attached to the invoice link. The sheer amount of time that is wasted downloading a PDF and then attaching it manually to each invoice link, I am not even going there. So so frustrating 

katrinamed
4 Posts
User

Heres the real kicker though- even if you save the pdf and then attach it to the invoice within MYOB it doesnt actually send the email with the PDF attached.

I sent it to myself and there was no PDF attached to the email!

ann75
Experienced User
38 Posts
Experienced User

I tried sending it to myself and i can see the PDF attached thankfully. But the sheer work involved in downloading each invoice, good gracious.

Also i encountered the same issue when adding recepients in the email invoice option. I type in an email id xxxx and when I click on CC and add for example yyyyy,  it erases what i first added in the primary email box and puts yyyy in the primary and cc email box. What on earth... If this isnt a software coding error then what is it?

i am just a month away from getting out of MYOB for all the entities I use it for. 

TonyBee
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please, this is a must to have the ability to attach the pdf of the invoice to the email. Why take it off?

Aaron2
2 Posts
User

What a joke, most of my invoices go through automated systems which dont recognise a link so they get rejected.  MYOB supports answer ... just email them to yourself then download the pdf then attach them in an email and send to the client.

ZAAAX
7 Posts
User

"I am currently trialling Xero as MYOB have completely screwed it up."

@katrinamed Q: How are you getting on with Xero trial?