Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Progress billing

Cover User

1Posts

32Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New
New

We are a building company and put in quotes that then get turned to invoices but often need to have progress payments put through as invoices. Please add this feature!! It would save so much time and bother.

"Progress payments from quote in Essentials"

15 Comments
Chrisluke8081
2 Posts
User

Hi There,

We are a larger Plumbing Excavation and Civil company

We have been involved with essentials live for nearly 2 years now i think.

We were advised this progress billing to an allocated quote / invoice feature is not available on essentials.

We then bought MYOB account edge network addition after our inhouse bookkeeper advised essentials was not sufficient for larger payrolls etc. as we need multiple users online at once. 

Also the progress billing feature was the sell point for us spending in excess of 2k outright.

After copious amounts of hours changing everything into the account edge edition for MACs we found major limitations as this software doesnt allow for remote access as accountright for PCs does. For workers to access / invoice / payroll and banking from home or on holidays.

We now are switching back after considering changing to Xero and would like to see these changes ASAP

This switching back will again be a costly exercise and us and our office staff would like your attention on this feature as would the entire construction industry users and others.

CharmaineG
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes we agree! We are a building company also and this feature would save time and double handling.

Currently using AccountRight

Quikdeck
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Further agree!  I posted this very same topic in another thread.  

Progress billing is a very useful feature in MYOB Account Edge Pro.  I would miss this functionality if I moved to Essentials.

Kath-raw
3 Posts
User

We need this feature too. We were considering changing to Quickbooks to have this feature but do not want to make the change if we don't have to.

R_T_C
1 Post
Cover User

Surely this obvious 'idea' has been floating around for some time now.

MYOB - My accountant recommended the essentials product to make financing easier. The whole progress claim saga really hasn't made financing easier. How close are you in adding this type of plug in?

UserName84
2 Posts
Cover User

I would love to have the option in invoices to be able to request a progress payment on a job.

DRZ125
3 Posts
User

I would love to see this or rather need to see this too. We take deposits to book work in from a quote (the work may not be carried out for 2-6 months later) and it feels really messy the way you have to go about issuing an invoice - if you do it straight from a quote it shows the balance as being due.  The whole point of turing a quote into in an invoice was appealing but I have found it doesn't suit our situation.  An option to have no due date showing when a part payment is made may help??

Smoel
3 Posts
Cover User

Progress payments need to be a funtion!!!!  

Smoel
3 Posts
Cover User

Please add a progress payment option.

Activelink
1 Post
User

is it possible to add progresss payments