MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Pay bills: Discount as a percentage

BellaVista
Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User
New
New

Hi there,

Two of our suppliers give us discounts on the end-of-month summary remuneration of invoices, not the actual invoices themselves, nor the products. To process the discounted payment i need to manually calculate the discount on all invoices (daily payments can be very tedious) and input them into the discount column. Can the design team integrate a discount feature on the final payment to supplier by simply entering a discount percentage say for example 3% which will then make the calculations automatically. The same goes for invoices that incur credit fees where i need to go into every invoice and make changes. 

Also a boolean check box option on this page would be very time saving where i can simply tick the invoices being paid and not having to re write the amounts.

Thanks for your time

"Entering Supplier Payment"

New
5 Comments
Contributing Cover User SonicSecurity
33 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The current method of marking invoices as paid is silly. 
When my bank feeds don't work, or a customer pays more than one invoice as one payment, I tend to keep a few tabs open, but from my invoice page I should be able to, as the poster above stated, click the invoice to be marked as paid, hit submit, then add a button to mark as paid in full or enter the amount that is paid rather than typing out the amount again.

BellaVista
6 Posts
Cover User

It would be super helpful to adopt a new calculation feature that could calculate a discount percentage or credit fee (addition or subtraction) to a total number of expenses listed in the enter supplier payment. Also check boxes could be very helpful in selecting/ deselecting required expenses without having to re-type the costs in adjacent columns. 

I currently have to manually calculate a 2% discount for each expense (daily expenses are very time consuming) input the discount price and further retype the discounted final expense. I think this process could be simplified.

Thankyou

MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. Could anyone else who would like to this feature in a future update, please cast your vote here.

BellaVista
6 Posts
Cover User

It has been 4 years and i havn't received a response. Could someone please give me an answer to why the essentials interface has not changed to make it more user friendly?? In Puchases > Pay Bills, how hard is it to add a checkbox column to the left of the bill number to be able to select/deselect the bills, automating the tediously manual task of rewriting every value? It truly astonishes me no one has prompted development to flag this issue... or am i the only person who uses this feature?

BellaVista
6 Posts
Cover User

In Puchases > Pay Bills, how hard is it to add a checkbox column to the left of the bill number to be able to select/deselect the bills, automating the tediously manual task of rewriting every value? It truly astonishes me no one has prompted development to flag this issue... or am i the only person who uses this feature?

ref: http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Settlement-discount-as-a-percentage/idi-p...