Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Allow for change in linked account

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Please refer to my link.   Salary Sacrifice and RESC

In the payroll employee set up users will require the standard superannuation payroll categories in the payroll set (Same as default options in AccountRight 2014.2) and for the same to be reported correctly on the payment summaries.  

Can I suggest if adding a deduction, allowance or commission the user should be given the option of what G/L account it should be posted?  

I have created my own work around for this however I am not confident it is robust and if it reports on the Payment Summaries correctly?

Please review prior to end of payroll year if it is not already on the list to be fixed.

Regards 

BooksInTheCloud

"Superannuation set up in employee cards"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for users to select their own linked accounts for pay items.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

2 Comments
PyjamaMum
6 Posts
User

It would be good if in the Employee section of Earnings/Deductions you could chooses which account it would be go to instead of the locked default Payroll-Deductions 2-2800 Account. I can't do a Running Balance on the current Standard Deduction as 2 employees are using the same 2-2800 account and it is not known whom is paying off what.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for users to select their own linked accounts for pay items.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.