Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Set account for deductions

Contributing User

8Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

If this is already possible, my apologies i may just need to do more digging.

However our client have novated leasing fro their employees which means pre and post tax deductions via payroll.

There are three journals, Pre tax Deduction, Post tax Deduction and the Employee ECM GST.

It would be great if there was an option to select which GL accout these were to be applied to.

in their example

Pre tax Deduction -  6-6299

Post tax Deduction - 6-6299

Employee ECM GST - 2-2200

Regards

Shannon Staunton

"Select account for payroll deductions"

Myob Sample.png
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to select their own linked accounts for pay items.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

14 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your comments, @BryceT. Please take a moment to vote for the idea by clicking on the + Vote button at the top left hand side of the Idea. 

I'd like to also take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. Please feel free to post any queries that you may have about MYOB products and services. We're always happy to assist.

Greg_A
2 Posts
Cover User

I can't believe that it can't already be done! I've just migrated from AccountRight and it can be done on all deductions.

So now I have child support deductions mixed in with salary sacrifice - a backward step for me!

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Super Salary Sacrifice Deductions need to be journalled out & added to the Super Clearing account.  We should be able to nominate where the deductions are going as it is cumbersome having to tell employers how much super to pay when there are 2 areas to find it!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to select their own linked accounts for pay items.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.