Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay items: Superannuation - additional employer

Experienced Cover User

13Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, It would be great if Essentials could record employer additional superannuation as part of payroll (I give my employees additional 1% of super) as a seperate line to the SGC.  This feature is available in AccountEdge Pro. Thanks.

"Employer Additional Superannuation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own superannuation pay items. This does mean that you can create an Employer additional style superannuation pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

17 Comments
FBKServices
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

Employer Additional Superannuation that is REPORTABLE (RESC), please add this function when creating a pay event. With STP now becoming compulsary how about Essentials makes sure its payroll has all of the usual functions available in all its software so small businesses can use Essentials and not have to upgrade to the more expensive AccountRight. 

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

100% agree, how can clients (or for that matter MYOB's software) be ATO compliant if the additional Employer super contributions arent being reported correctly as reportable contributions? The capability exists in AccountRight, surely it can be put into Essentials? Please fix this ASAP MYOB!

Miket
Contributing Partner
15 Posts
Contributing Partner

The ability to include Employer Additional Super as Reportable Super in Single Touch Payroll is eessential to comply with ATO rules. Please include this feature as soon as possible. I note it is already in AccountRight, why not in Essentials? How is the Essentials software compliant with ATO requirements without this?

river167
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

Agree - have just spent over 2 hours with live chat and also a phone call to MYOB and they are virtually saying go back to old system of paper PAYG Summaries. Only problem is the EMPDUPE file that MYOB produces is then not correct. This is part of STP and am quite happy to manually add when doing the PAYG Summaries for end of financial year. The fix they suggested using a deduction is great if it worked. Can up as "invalid" as it went negative. Was really easy in Account Right.

We moved from Account Right as they said this was a better option for us as a small business and it going to be fully compliant with STP. So far it isn't compliant

Frigrite
1 Post
User

Hi was the above solved.  We have just purchased the Essentials package and need this option.

Jo1971
1 Post
User

As far as I am aware it is not available in Essentials Payroll. I have treated it as salary sacrifice so that it is still reported as RESC

Mel30
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

With the introduction of STP reporting it is essential that the ability to report Employer Additional Super (RESC) is added to MYOB Essentials.  Prior to STP it was possible to include RESC on the payment summary via a manual workaround.  The product now has reduced functionality so I would argue we should have a reduction in the subscription fee until this fix is achieved.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@FBKServices @river167 @Miket 

https://community.myob.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/200895

This is a basic function that should be in Essentials.

How else can the ATO STP requirements be met?

Not Goood Enough.

rehards

David

river167
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

Has anyone heard anything more about Reportable Superannuation in Essentials? Are they hoping this issue will just go away? Software is not STP compliant without this item .

Mel30
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Essentials must provide the ability to record employer additional superannuation in order to be STP compliant.  To advertise Essentials as STP compliant without this feature is misleading and in breach of the Trade Practices Act.