Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payslips: Marker to show pay slip has been emailed

Partner

179Posts

41Kudos

25Solutions

179 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi,

Can we have a system/marker in Essentials that shows that payslips have been emailed to staff.

At present there is no way to check (or prove) that payslips have been emailed.

Thanks muchly

"Emailing payslips"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Previously saved payruns are available through Payroll>>Pay runs within MYOB Essentials. When a pay slip has been emailed a tick will appear in the Pay slip emailed field for that employee's pay.

7 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @fiona-s. It would certainly be help prevent mistakes, and allow for greater accountability if there was a way to tell if payslips have been emailed. Anyone who would like to see this in a future update, please cast your vote here.

Fizzkid
Experienced Cover User
65 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Email (SMTP) has the facility for a deliver receipt and a read receipt...why not use it??

Nicole_Bkeeper
1 Post
Cover User

Yes, this would be most useful! 

Thill
Trusted Cover User
21 Posts
Trusted Cover User

All good info but it's not clear to me whether Payslips are automatically emailed to employees when the basic "Pay Run" process is completed. Other info under Payroll Settings suggests Payslips have to be individually emailed to employees, but I would like to know whether there is a setting enabling Payslips to be 'automatically' emailed to employees when a Pay Run is completed? .. thanks, Peter W, 29-7-18.

INC63
2 Posts
Cover User

I support there being a setting in Essentials to enable ALL payslips in the Pay Run run to be automatically emailed to emplyees when the Run is completed, rather than the long winded process of accessing each emplyee individually as is the case currently (unless I have missed something?).

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Good morning

I used to be able to check in Outlook if payslips had been emailed out sucessfully.

I will admit google assisted emails in ARL online are so fast! Smiley Happy

But, I did a reversal payslip as an EOFY correction for a staff member, and it came up automtically as already sent. Now this is very helpful not to send out reversals generally, but it is not true and therefore cannot be relied on.

When we send out statments monthly we run a log in our emails for searchable history - while not used much  (maybe once or twice a year), BUT when we do need it, the backup log is marvellous. I notice other customers using our package also do the same.

So, my question is, when are MYOB ARL /online going to provide the same tracking capability?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Previously saved payruns are available through Payroll>>Pay runs within MYOB Essentials. When a pay slip has been emailed a tick will appear in the Pay slip emailed field for that employee's pay.