Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

3Posts

105Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Can there be a check box added that will automatically add the fee's associated with Pay Direct Online to the invoice if i choose to pass them on. Once checked it should add a disclaimer to the invoice that a 2.2% + 0.25 cent transaction fee applies to all payments processed through this service.

Then when the customer selects view invoice they should be presented with 2 options:

firstly - print and pay (direct debit/cheque) the normal invoice amount

secondly - a pay now button that has the service charges added, which should also clearly state they are MYOB charges. The pay now button would need to automatically generate an updated or a standalone invoice for the transaction fee's

"PayDirect Online"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Business allows users to on charge the credit card surcharge for online payments to the customer.

For more information on surcharging please see Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments

41 Comments
ProduceStore
6 Posts
Cover User

If surcharging the customer invoice was an option, I would opt into Myobs online card processing.

GoldClass
1 Post
Cover User

Why is this feature not already offered. ?It's a basic standard function 

please install it so we can use direct pay online 

tcmcs
1 Post
Cover User

We would like MYOB to automatically add the credit card % transaction fee onto the the final invoice when the customer opts to pay with credit card.

At the moment, we lose this value from our net profit. We do not know if the customer is going to pay with credit card nor can we charge merchant fee's in retrospect.

Unless something is done soon, we may have to remove the credit card payment option from our invoices.

KPrice81
1 Post
Cover User

IF only MYOB would please do this, we would switch our merchant facility from CBA overnight, even though it is a higher interest rate.

Mascotte
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'm astounded that this isn't a standard function.  Please could this be added as a matter of urgency so that I can use the facility.  We are a small business (hence the use of Essentials) and can't afford to carry the cost of the processing fee.  

Surveyor188
3 Posts
Cover User

You need the ability to pass on the surcharges, it would be great to add this simple function. I agree with above it is a matter of urgency, as we offer services and are a small business we can't afford to wear the cost.

K_C
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, that is exactly I need too. As a small business, I cannot afford the surcharge.

KSandie
2 Posts
User

We should be able to set our own fee agend for payments by credit card.

ie. I might not charge the clients the full fee and decide to set the fee at 1.5% instead of the standard fee.

stefstar
3 Posts
User

I would LOVE to see this feature. So useful

ezznewman
1 Post
Cover User

How many "votes" does this need to make these surcharge fees become an added feature immediately ?

It's a must need!

Surcharges through the roof over the Christmas period too for our small business, considering opting out of this if changes aren't made.