Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @150463

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration at this time we are still investigating adding it into the program with a future release. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when it will be added. However in saying that we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea added to vote and comment if required for this idea.

ELIZABETH1950
3 Posts
Cover User

Couldnt agree more. I am operating two systems at the moment just so I can track LSL as we have a few employees becoming due for it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ELIZABETH1950

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this. I have shared you thoughts with the team.

VickiJames
2 Posts
User

I am wanting to pay an employee LSL and have followed this thread which appears to have been going for a year now.

I have MYOB essentials - how do I pay my employee LSL when there is no function for it?

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @VickiJames,

Thanks for the vote, and for your feedback.

I can see that you have posted regarding this query on this MYOB Essentials thread - I have responded there accordingly.

Cheers,

Tallie

nynylovepepe_
2 Posts
User

Hi

How can I set up Long Service Leave in Payroll setting?

I only see Annual Leave and Personal Leave in payroll setting

Thank you

nynylovepepe_
2 Posts
User

Maybe I am using the trail MYOB that why there is no Long Service Leave in there

HelenBT
Partner
20 Posts
Partner

You have to go to the Payroll Command Centre and add a new payroll category called Long Service Leave.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @nynylovepepe_

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials

I've merged your comments with this already one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

dennisg
Experienced Partner
75 Posts
Experienced Partner

Has MYOB made any attempt to address accruing for LSL.

In South Australia LSL does not kick in until 7 years from the anniversary start date.

It is 1.3 weeks for every year of service, so after 7 years it is 7 x 1.3 = 9.1 weeks, then 1.3 weeks after each anniversary date.

It does not accrue per pay period, as holiday pay does, but only after their anniversary start date.

I imagine each state has a variation of this system.