Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
1Rose
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I agree.  I convinced a client to change from Quickbooks to Essentials but the reports for payroll are very inadequate & having to calculate the LSL is very backward.

When will this be incorporated - approx date please?

Gaye

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @1Rose

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration for its possible inclusion in future updates to the program. At this point in time we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be the marked for development and added to the program. However we do encourage users that would like to see this idea added to vote for this idea. To vote for this idea and others on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

dennisg
Experienced Partner
75 Posts
Experienced Partner

Still waiting for a reply.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @dennisg,

Thank you for your suggestion, long service leave for Essentials Accounting has already been suggested here, therefore I've merged your idea with this one. 

Currently long service leave is on our developers consideration list, however we do not have a time frame available at this point. I would encourage you to also add your vote to this idea via '+Vote', the number of votes will greatly help our developers to prioritise their work.

melindas76
4 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree with these comments. Need to be able to keep track of all employee entitlements not only a few. Any idea when this likely to be available?

AccountRight Plus has this option, Essentials is supposed to be a superior product, bit disappointed.

Mel 

Peterems
1 Post
Cover User

I did not realise that LSL was not tracked in Essentials or I would not have chosen to switch to it. This is a requirement for Employers and seems to be a significant shortcoming. Needs to be fixed soon or I will need to go elsewhere.

Haifa
1 Post
Cover User

Hi Folks, any news on when we can expect long service leave in Essentials.  

Based on this thread other users have been waiting a couple of years for a resolution.  How many votes do you need to raise it's priority level and get the developers working on it.  It is a statutory requirement and should have been available from the start.

It is easy enough for customers to swap products if the service is not there.

Cheers....Kat

KirstenKolijn
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

This is a pretty important requirement, very surprised that MYOB does not have the ability to add entitlements for Essentials.  Now cancelling subscription with Essentials and going back to Account Right. 

Mannah
1 Post
Cover User

Still waiting.... been over 2 years now.   Seriously considering moving to Xero if not available soon.  A payroll system that does not record LSL is very poor considering MYOB's "alleged reputation" as "market leader".

kathy89kathy
4 Posts
Cover User

I'm actually shocked LS is not a option in myob essentials. I regret encouraging my employer to make the change.