Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
MV2
1 Post
User

Simple- if you have payroll, you have all leave entitlements accompanying it especially LSL as it's mandatory like PL and AL

CKG
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes, please add the Long service leave tracking function. 

Plant4
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Long Service Leave - MYOB Essentials

I'm voting for LSL to show in MYOB Essentials. I was used to this in Accountright and would like to bring it into Essentials. Thanks.

BMPB
4 Posts
User

Back in August 2014 MYOb were looking at making Long Service Leave Accruals in MYOB Essentials, it is now July 2019 and it is still now done.  Please make this happen.

A

PG-QLD
3 Posts
Former Staff

Partners all year have been asking for long service leave to be added to the features available in essentials. Without it, product can't truly handle all payroll functions for a business.

ChrisRodgers
1 Post
User

How can you sell a program that apparently does payroll but has no function to accrue and calculate long service leave. I have had a previous payroll package with MYOB that did this easily and now when i upgrade to  the STP system it is not available but under legislation I need to account for this. This is not a payroll package. 

Why do we have to vote/beg for this basic function and why does Essentials have a whole lot more useful functions available to NZ residents but not Australians?

SandraBlack
3 Posts
Cover User

I see the above post was July 2014 and still no option to accrue LSL in MYOB ESSentials payroll.  Come on MYOB, this is a necessity at the very least!

Payroll1
1 Post
User

I totally agree.  Long Service Leave is the only other fundamental leave that needs to accrue and is so important to be included as standard like Annual & Personal Leave.  Very disappointed with MYOB in not including this in their product . We can add any other leave like Compassion or Unpaid Leave but this one needs to accrue and be tracked. 

Joey09
2 Posts
User

I see this option still has not been updated since Sept 2014. Come on MYOB it is a feature that is required by so many.

vickihill
2 Posts
User

Hi, 

I just assumed (wrongly) that there woudl be the facitlity to calculate and track lsl and the lsl liabilty. Very disappointed that this is lacking.  Also very disappointed to see how long this thread has been going! Come on MYOB!