Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
bcroft
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

At the very least, all pays should be CSV downloadable so that 7 years or 10 years of pay slips don't need to be painstakenly trawled through to come up with a figure. What a terrible thought!

@woodville1962 wrote:

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Henri
5 Posts
User

We are wasting our time by commenting on this forum.

I lodged a written complaint directly to MYOB, and a formal complaint with the Qld Office of Fair Trading, regarding this very issue. MYOB's response was along the lines of that the product is what it is and they offer a 30 day free trial, so there. I don't believe they have any intention of making any improvements to the product.

MYOB Essentials is a sub-standard product. It has no capacity for recording LSL accruals. It doesn't even produce any meaningful reports which might help with recording it eslewhere. The payroll functions generally are inadequate, for example, it is impossible to make an adjustment, or correction, to an employees leave balances in anyway that creates a transparent audit trail.

I will be converting to Quickbooks. I've been using it recently for my husband's business and it is great. It's a far superior product and it is cheaper too.

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Agree @Henri. Few years ago I posted its a waste of time, as Myob said to me (finally), "if you need LSL, upgrade to AccountRight Live". The arrogance of never replying to the post irritated me. They should have just left Essentials without Payroll, for sole traders and mum and dad partnerships moving from "shoebox accounting" for the first time.

MSDTiling
1 Post
User

We agree ! surely this should be a minimum standand in Essentials considering its against the law not to pay long service leave.

melindas76
4 Posts
Cover User

I have been using Essentials for 5 years and commented back then that Essentials should track Long Service Leave.

I see this has been an issue since 2014 and that we should keep commenting and voting to get it introduced. Come on, that's seems to be plenty of time to make this happen. Please make this a priority. Thanks.

Nataliecarole
5 Posts
User

We've been asking for Long Service Leave to be added for OVER 5 YEARS!

This is not a "would be nice to have" it is a necessity!  When you have more than half your workforce eligible for Long Service Leave in multiple states it becomes impossible to track!!!!

Customers have been asking for Long Service Leave in Myob Essentials for more than 5 years (since 2014). You say you hope to add it in future updates... IT'S NOW 2020!!!!

@woodville1962 wrote:

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2014

Thank you for your post, comments and votes. I understand it would be great to be able to setup and accrue Long Service Leave in MYOB Essentials. We hope to introduce it in a  future update of the software. In the meantime we request everyone wanting this function to please continue to vote and add comments.

AJC
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

We have been waiting a long time for Long Service Leave in MYOB Essential Payroll. Surely, it's not that hard to add in as it is not a new concept

Punky80
2 Posts
User

We have just signed up to MYOB Essentials from Quickbooks and having LSL accurals in the payroll function would be a very handy for us. Is there any idea as to when/if this function could be made available

bcroft
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Punky, MYOB don't seem to be in a hurry to implement this critical function. Sorry.

VL6699
1 Post
User

Yes, it would bw great to have long service leave accrual shwing on employee payslip. My employee has requested that his long service leave accrual be showing on his payslip