Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Aardvarkpc
1 Post
Cover User

This would be very helpful for small business. especially with less than 15 employees which Iwould suspect be the majority of users

KirstenKolijn
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

MYOB I have requested LSL and we also need the ability to add our own categories.  Time in Lieu is another one which is also now in legislation.  If MYOB can not get this running by the end of Mar 16 you will lose two clients to Xero.

SueT2201
2 Posts
Cover User

I have just switched from AccountEdge to Essentials and now find that it doesn't accrue LSL, as this is a government requirement to accrue LSL for all staff I can't understand why MYOB don't allow for it like Annual Leave.  I'm going backwards as now I will need to need to keep separate spreadsheets for staff LSL records.  This needs to be in your next update.  I see people have requested this several years ago but it's still not available.  I may need to reconsider if Essentials is correct for me and maybe go back to AccountEdge.

DTull
Trusted Partner
101 Posts
Trusted Partner

Back in 8/14, thanks to @Suja_P for making this suggestion "under consideration"... thats now nearly 2&1/2 years ago Myob. This is a no brainer. You are encourging us to get our clients converted to online, yet your product is not the equivalent of the Accounting Plus they had previously. Thats going backwards, as has been mentioned in a previous post on this thread. 

Since then weve had the same reply trotted out by moderators @KattC @Steven_M and @CloverQ. Hopefully we can get a different answer than the usual Spin: "Currently long service leave is on our developers consideration list, however we do not have a time frame available at this point. I would encourage you to also add your vote to this idea via '+Vote', the number of votes will greatly help our developers to prioritise their work".

Please dont insult us with using that reply again.

Hopefully we can have some kind of update on this status instead of the usual rhetoric above. Its been 2&1/2 years, we @woodville1962 @Rod_Giddings @ROBBIE001 @BBPS @Magic @tkal @150463 @ELIZABETH1950 @nynylovepepe_ @1Rose @melindas76 @Peterems @KirstenKolijn @Mannah @kathy89kathy @Aardvarkpc @SueT2201 deserve some news. 

Aysun
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Given we're pushing MYOB Essentials as a competition product to XERO it would be great to have LSL automated also.

I am asked by clients all the time why MYOB and not XERO and this could be a point of difference.

Narissa
2 Posts
Cover User

This is absolutely a necessary function!  All employees under our award, whether casual or permanent, accrue LSL.  Our vets also accrue study leave!  How ridiculous to not have this function in a payroll service!

Narissa
2 Posts
Cover User

YOU MUST TRACK LONG SERVICE LEAVE!

PCcouncil
3 Posts
Cover User

Long service leave is a legal requirement of having employed staff - therefore it really is an "Essential" item to include in basic accounting software.

KirstenKolijn
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Three years now we have all been asking for Long Service Leave on Essentials, when are you going to listen to your customers?

essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Considering LSL is a legal requirement no matter the size of your business, it should be included in Essentials